latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Buttion and | Piping Issues

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Buttion and | Piping Issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 27th, 2013 at 1:15 am #50699

Hi Guys,

First of all love the product.

I have an issue with PayPal button codes and integrating the pipe feature for the iDev Aff Program.

Let me explain in details what I’m doing and have tried.

I have followed Jason original video on using custom capabilities pipes in paypal buttons as seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMnJO63ThE

But no matter what I do the result on page looks like this

I currently am using payment notifications and specified post/page sale notifications under the API scripting section
in S2member on my WordPress blog. I have the latest Pro version installed.

I also have the PHP execution plugin installed.

Following Jasons video I went and got the following code from inside my IDev set up

Setup and Tools > Developer tools- API Scripts > Generate a Commission

http://websitename.com/services/sale.php?idev_saleamt=99.99&idev_ordernum=abc-123&ip_address=111.111.111.11

Where website name is the actual site name as generated by idev

Moving onto Jason’s video example I took the above code and added it into the “payment notifications” and “specified post/page sale notifications” settings under API Scripting in my S2Members setup on the WordPress blog.

Changes were made as such

http://website.com/services/sale.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&ip_address %%cv1%%

Then I created PayPal buttons using the both the PayPal Pro Forms option and the PayPal Buttons option to get what I needed.

For example sake I’ll focus on the PayPal Buttons

The code I get back is like this

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ebook," desc="eBook Only" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="website.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="47" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Where website.com is the actual site name where the button is created

I then change the code to reflect the addition of the piped in %%cv1%% tag as such

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ebook," desc="eBook Only" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="website.com|" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="47" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

But as explained above when I view the button on site it always looks like the following no matter what I do.

I have also tried changing the “payment notifications” and “specified post/page sale notifications” as such

http://website.com/services/sale.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&ip_address %%user_ip%%

and button code to

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ebook," desc="eBook Only" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="website.com|$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="47" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

And I still get the same result…

So what is the solution to this issue?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 10:02 pm #50776

Never mind….

The issue is fixed…

All came down to the plugin

The plugin needs to be manually installed via FTP for it to work correctly.

the directory name in the .zip downloaded file is “php-execution-plugin”

If you use WordPress to install the plugin that is the directory you get.

If you install it by FTP and change the directory name to “php-execution” then all works fine.

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 1:54 pm #50853
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad you found and fixed the problem Nicholas. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.