latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal button change amount using Firebug

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal button change amount using Firebug

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 7:44 am #43458
Govo
Username: Govo

Hi,

Is there any option in s2member to prevent the Paypal button from being edited (e.g. changing of the amount using Firebug)? For example using PayPal’s BM API?
More information:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6322247/dynamic-paypal-button-generation-isnt-it-very-unsecure
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8123882/paypal-form-and-security

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 am #43593

Hi Govo.

Yes, you can protect them with button encryption: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Encryption[/hilite]

Or generate a button over at PayPal (doesn’t work for upgrades, only new signups): Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 3:26 am #43934
Govo

Thank you Christián!
Is it also possible to have multiple buttons with different paying options for the same level access?
In other words could I use the Button Code Generator For Level #1 Access and make one button for a one time one week access, one button for a monthly recurring payment access and one for a yearly recurring payment access, all for the same Level #1 access?

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 5:44 pm #44000
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Govo, yes you can. :)

However be sure to use s2Member conditionals to possibly hide the other buttons once one of the buttons has been used, and/or use modification buttons instead.

You can read about s2member conditionals in this article: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Now, remember that if you’re using pro-forms it isn’t possible to have several of them in one page. Buttons don’t have this problem though. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 3:28 am #44030
Govo

Thanks Eduan!
By the way, the button encryption doesn’t seem to be working for me. I have filled in all my PayPal details (PayPal Email Address/API Username/Password/Signature) and checked “Yes, enable PayPal® Button encryption.”. When I go to Paypal and check “block all non-encrypted payments” I get an error when I try to make a payment via my website. Is PayPal Pro required for this to work? (I do have a business account)

Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #44181

Hi Govo.

No, you don’t need PayPal Pro to use button encryption, it’s for PayPal Standard. What does the error say?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.