latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

paypal button code is displayed as a code

Home Forums Community Forum paypal button code is displayed as a code

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:03 pm #35111

Hello there!

When I generate paypal button code, copy it and paste it either in html or visual editor, it displays the code only.

I am using WordPress 3.5 and Weaver pro theme.

Can you, please, tell me what causes it and possible solutions. thank you,

Nina

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:58 am #35216

Hi Nina.

Are you using the shortcode? Could you post it here to see it?

If you’re using the full HTML code for the button, then it has to go in the text tab of the editor, the visual tab would change things in it that would stop it from working as code.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:25 pm #35259

Hi Christián,

Thank you for getting back to me.

html code worked, creating the button with warnings:
Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.
Return to merchant.

Here’s the html code:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="markjohnmessina@gmail.com" />
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick-subscriptions" />
<!-- Instant Payment Notification & Return Page Details -->
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="http://isoflavonenews.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1" />
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://isoflavonenews.com/" />
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://isoflavonenews.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1" />
<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2" />
<!-- Configures Basic Checkout Fields -->
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="isoflavonenews.com" />
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD" />
<input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="paypal" />
<input type="hidden" name="charset" value="utf-8" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Member / description and pricing details here." />
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="1" />
<!-- Configures s2Member's Unique Invoice ID/Code  -->
<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="<?php echo S2MEMBER_VALUE_FOR_PP_INV(); ?>" />
<!-- Identifies/Updates An Existing User/Member ( when/if applicable )  -->
<input type="hidden" name="on0" value="<?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON0; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="os0" value="<?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS0; ?>" />
<!-- Identifies The Customer's IP Address For Tracking -->
<input type="hidden" name="on1" value="<?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON1; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="os1" value="<?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS1; ?>" />
<!-- Controls Modify Behavior At PayPal® Checkout -->
<input type="hidden" name="modify" value="0" />
<!-- Customizes Prices, Payments & Billing Cycle -->
<!--<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="0.01" />-->
<input type="hidden" name="src" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="srt" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1" />
<!--<input type="hidden" name="a1" value="0" />-->
<!--<input type="hidden" name="p1" value="0" />-->
<!--<input type="hidden" name="t1" value="D" />-->
<input type="hidden" name="a3" value="0.01" />
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="M" />
<!-- Displays The PayPal® Image Button -->
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif" style="width:auto; height:auto; border:0;" alt="PayPal®" />
</form>

The short code displays as a code.

The Short code is:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="isoflavonenews.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Here’s what it looked like:

http://isoflavonenews.com/subscription/membership-signup

Does it explain anything?
Thank you,
Nina

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Nina Noble.
Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:37 am #35330

html code worked, creating the button with warnings:
Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.
Return to merchant.

It sounds like you’re having a content filter problem, altering the code and breaking the HTML for the button. This may be caused by the theme or another plugin. Could you test these following the suggestions in this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

The short code displays as a code.

That’s weird. I’d like to see it in the page, but it wasn’t there, I guess you already removed it.

Maybe it’s being caused by a plugin/theme conflict too. The above tests may help with this too. If you can make the shortcode work, it’d be better to use it instead of the HTML code.

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #35661

Hi Christián,

I read through Knowledge base, Troubleshooting tips.
I deactivated plugins I had: Contact form7, Easy Theme update.
It did not change anything.

In earlier message I mentioned the shortcode button is visible in the draft. If I publish the page – only the code is visible.

Should I be doing anything with the parameters A3, P3, T3? —it seems to me, I defined them.

“Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.”

Please advise.
Thank you,
Nina

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #35748
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Nina,

This error with the forms not working generally is caused by themes, and not plugins. Could you try reverting to the default 2010/2011 theme, and see if that helps? If it does, you should contact your theme designer. They should update your theme to be able to work correctly.

Alternatively, you can install a PHP execution plugin, and wrap your shortcodes in <?php do_shortcode(''); ?>, putting the shortcode data within the quotes. I’m uncertain if this would work any better, however, because your theme seems to be pulling data directly from the database, and not filtering the data to allow for other plugins to display dynamic content.

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:25 pm #36488

I keep getting this error

Here’s the shortcode: [s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="General Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="ewltest.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="150" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

http://ewltest.com/home/get-involved/join/

Please advise, btw, I did try a different theme but still received the same error

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:16 am #36687

Hi Michelle.

You have the theme or another plugin, affecting the content filtering, and it’s adding HTML linebreaks where it shouldn’t (e.g. after hidden form fields or HTML comments). This is breaking the form’s HTML, and causing you to have that error on PayPal’s side.

If you already tested the theme changing to the default one and still have the issue, then try the plugin tests, please. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.