latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Button Created, Errors When Clicked

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Button Created, Errors When Clicked

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 4:29 pm #6418

When I generate a PayPal button, everything works fine; once placed on my page and clicked, the PayPal payment page says \”Enter Description\” in replace of where my description should be; I see no errors in the code.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="952" exp="43800" desc="Hyper Focus SEO" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.followterry.com" ra="47.00" image="default" output="button" /]

The button is on this page;

http://www.followterry.com/blog/video-episode-archive/hyper-focus-seo-definitive-search-engine-optimization

Any idea why my \”Description\” is not being filled in and instead it shows \”Enter Description\”???

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Terry Lamb.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 5:36 pm #6425

I found the error; however it perplexes me.

When I use the words seo in my description (which by the way describes by product) the paypal description field does not work; any one know why???

Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:57 pm #6439

Hi Terry.

I looked at your button and the code for it shows the Hyper Focus SEO name correctly:

<input type="hidden" value="Hyper-Focus-SEO" name="item_name"/>

Then clicked the button, was taken to PayPal, and the description said it properly, no errors.

Had you already fixed the problem when using “SEO” in the description?

Before trying that, I was going to suggest checking for a plugin that may have been filtering your page’s body, maybe replacing some words (e.g. “SEO”), for whatever reason (e.g. linking).

By the way, I suggest you encrypt your buttons. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -> Enable Button Encryption[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.