latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Button Fix

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Button Fix

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices. Last updated by  Edward Riley 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 2:10 am #18646

Several forum posts already about the error generated with the code created by S2Member’s PayPal button generator.
Error still being seen: “Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.”

Many suggestions infer this is theme related or plugin, I deactivated all plugins and defaulted the theme – This did not fix anything and the buttons continue to not work.

One such fix by Thomas Salisbury corrected an error in the /s2member/includes/templates/buttons/paypal-checkout-button.php file on line 35… this corrected an issue with the output code when generating buttons…

<!--  -->

produced

&lt;!-- &lt;!--<br />
&#8211;&gt; &#8211;&gt;</p>

He simply deleted line 35 altogether. This fixed that issue of irregular additions being in the code output and I notice this did not occur with the version I was working with today.

I noticed that this is the code being output by the button generator now…

&lt;----&gt;

Notice the addition of the text identifiers
the code should look like this

Therefore simply removing the additional arrows in the long code corrected the issue of the button not working… now works great.

This of course does not correct the issue with the Shortcode version as the arrows remain in place… perhaps the tech team can correct this little output issue on the next release.

Thanks for the best Member plugin ever and hope this helps a few others out with this common issue.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #18692
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tiffany,

Could you please try using the Raw HTML plugin and see if that fixes the problem, seeing how the problem is probably WordPress formatting the code.

Please test out both the shortcode and the long code, also, if you want to use the long code, it’s necessary that you have the PHP Execution plugin or something along those lines installed, as the long code may sometimes containt PHP. One last thing, it is preferred to use the shortcodes, because the long code is not encrypted.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 2:04 am #18866

Thanks Eduan,
Will try that out and see if it helps with it. I will let you know if it still produces the additions to the code that should not be there…

Thanks again :-)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 11:04 am #18927
Eduan

No problem,

Hope it does solve your problem. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:17 pm #20441
Brian P
Username: triharder

I created an account just to reply to this thread. I found this old thread:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2801&view=unread

And if you scroll to the bottom it suggests using the plugin “TrueEdit”. Well after trying a bunch of different things, this worked PERFECTLY and without any known errors.

Best of luck Tiffany and any others who see this thread!

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:52 pm #20446
Eduan

Thank you for the tip Brian!

Tiffany, have you solved this problem?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 10:07 am #21373
Lisa Bevan
Username: webicise

Tiffany,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to submit the fix on here. I tried it and it worked. Not sure why suggesting that you a) remove other plug-ins or b) adding a raw HTML plugin is better than fixing the code that was broken in the first place – took 2 seconds to fix!. It’s people like you that make forums work :)

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 4:50 pm #21732

I’m also having a problem with the Paypal buttons and was able to get it to work by using the “TrueEdit” plugin.
The problem with that is I had to turn of the theme formatting, and that messes up the whole site.

Is there a theme that just works with S2 ?

Thanks,
Gary

Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:18 am #21768
Eduan

Hello Gary,

Yes, there are, almost any well coded theme is compatible with s2Member, if you don’t have any luck with that, try the MySiteMyWay inFocus theme.

s2Member uses this theme for this website, a modified version of it though.

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 2:12 am #21811

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check into the inFocus themes.

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #21820
Eduan

You’re welcome Gary, glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:11 am #21853

I switched to using the PayPal buttons directly instead. They work great and are configured according to S2Member documentation.

However, the issue now is that upon return from PayPal to the Website, it goes to the “return” page but not to the “register” page. The Return page is a grey page that just says:

[ http://www.soiltosupper.com.au ] says…
Thank you! ( you MUST check your email before proceeding ).

* Note: It can take ( up to 15 minutes ) for Email Confirmation with important details. If you don’t receive email confirmation in the next 15 minutes, please contact Support.

Includes a **Button to Rrturn to Home page**
All on grey background

From here it does not auto direct to the Registration page, and no emails are being received from S2Member from the website. The PayPal subscription notification email is received though.

Upon further investigation S2Member is not identifying a payment has been made and registering them as per the General Instructions on the main plugin page in step 3 & 4.

The Subscription Signup/Registration Process

1. Internet Users will go to your Membership Options Page ( which you’ll need to configure on the s2Member General Options panel ). On this Membership Options Page, that YOU will create in WordPress®, you’ll insert the PayPal® Subscription Buttons that were generated for you by s2Member.

2. An Internet User will click on a PayPal® Subscription Button from your Membership Options Page. They will be transferred over to PayPal® in order to agree to your Membership terms and pricing. You can customize the Checkout Page Style, Pricing, Payment Periods, and more – whenever you generate your PayPal® Buttons through s2Member.

3. Once a User has completed the Subscription Signup Process at PayPal®, they’ll be returned to your site, where they’ll be activated by s2Member instantly, and given the opportunity to register a Username & Password for their Membership. ( Note: they’ll be allowed to register a Username & Password, even if you’ve set ‘Anyone Can Register’ to `Off` in your General WordPress® options; because s2Member identifies the User as having paid for Membership access through PayPal® ).

s2Member will also send the User an email with instructions on how to register their Username & Password, just in case they missed the instructions after checkout. That email will be sent to their PayPal® email address. Much of this is handled through the PayPal® IPN service behind-the-scene, where PayPal® and s2Member communicate with each other.

4. Once a User has completed checkout and registered a Username & Password, they’ll be able to log in. The first page they’ll see after logging in, will be your Login Welcome Page ( which you’ll need to configure on the s2Member General Options panel ). Your Login Welcome Page can contain whatever you like. You’ll need to design this Page in WordPress®, and be creative!

As per above, ALL the buttons, and configurations for the plugin have been set and followed as per the S2Member knowledge base and tutorial videos. The PayPal buttons are configured according to this page http://www.s2member.com/kb/using-paypal-created-buttons/

The only issue now is the Registration and Email receiving process.

Please help!!!

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:17 am #21878
Eduan

Hello Tiffany,

Have you tried using the success=”” attribute in your shortcode?

You can find the documentation for it under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained). It’s only available in the pro version of s2Member though.

success=”” Success Return URL ( optional ). s2Member handles this automatically for you. However, if you would prefer to take control over the landing page after checkout ( i.e. your own custom Thank-You Page ), you can. If supplied, this must be a full URL, starting with http://. Note, s2Member will NOT use this value if an existing account holder is being modified. s2Member handles account updates ( i.e. billing modification ) in a more dynamic way. Your Success Return URL is only applied to (new) Customers.

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 2:42 pm #21904
Faith Deeter
Username: Faith

I’m having a different issue with my paypal button but was hoping that someone here might be able to help. The only button that is being generated is a Pay With PayPal button. This forces a customer to have to have a paypal account and some people don’t want one. Is there a way to change the button to a “Buy Now” with credit card logos that gives people the option of paying with their Visa, Mastercard, etc.? Can I paste some code into the image file part and if so, would someone have that code and show me where to paste it?

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:04 pm #21935
Eduan

Hello Faith,

You can accomplish this with s2Member pro-forms, only available on the pro version of s2Member.

You can check this article for more information about pro-forms:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro-Forms

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 4:30 pm #43533

We are having the same problem we get this error after integrating paypal buttons
You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

WOULD ANYONE HELP US PLEASE!!!!

Thanks
Greg

Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 4:54 pm #48669

HI I’m getting the same error – Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription.

Its a theme thing for me and would like to know how I can go about fixing it and identify what in the theme is causing it?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.