latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

paypal button for membership renewal

Home Forums Community Forum paypal button for membership renewal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:40 am #34887

Hello

This is my code for level 3 form

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="$132 AUD / One Time ( for 1 year access, non-recurring )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.screeneditors.com.au" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="132" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

So, for renewal can I use the following paypal button code generated for level 3 members. Code listed below:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="3" ccaps="" desc="Level 3 Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.screeneditors.com.au" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="132" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

I plan to put this paypal button shortcode somewhere within members profile page.

Will it renew the membership (and add EOT) if members clicks on paypal button and make the payment?

If the way I mentioned is not the correct way to let members renew their membership, could anyone please point me to right direction to look for it.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Paul Clark.
  • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Paul Clark.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:32 am #34995
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Paul,

That code should work. However, s2Member will not set an EOT date for users that are on a subscription until the user has canceled subscription. If you’d like to know when the user’s going to be charged again, you should be able to use get_user_field('s2member_last_payment_time');

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:41 am #35009

Hi Bruce

I don’t have recurring payment on site.

Members pay for 1 year and to renew membership they have to pay again (not automatically charged).

I was making this paypal button visible in last 7 days of their membership period. Then if they wan to continue membership they could click on paypal button ,make payment and their membership is renewed for 1 more year.
I hope I’m doing this correctly.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Paul Clark.
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 8:08 am #35140

I don’t have recurring payment on site.

Members pay for 1 year and to renew membership they have to pay again (not automatically charged).

The shortcode you posted above is for a subscription, even if it’s not recurring, so the EOT time won’t be set before the PayPal tells s2Member the subscription has ended.

I suggest that you change it to a Buy Now transaction, editing the [hilite mono]rr[/hilite] attribute to [hilite mono]rr="BN"[/hilite]. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]

Then payments can add to the time they already had paid. Take a look at this setting: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions ( auto-extend )[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #35187

Hello,

Is there a supported or recommended method for providing a renewal? I too am using a Buy Now paypal button to sign users up for an annual membership (we don’t want to require the members to have a paypal account which seems to be the case for using subscriptions). When their membership ends I want them to be able to renew without having to go through the full registration process again (we added in an application form to the process).

Is the method described above the best method to do this? Also, I am using a single membership level for the membership types but I have different prices for general memebrs, students, etc. How do I know how to provide them with the appropriate renewal button? And do I have to make a page with renewal buttons that I show them after an attempted log in after their membership has expired?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 8:11 am #35309

Hi Stephen.

When their membership ends I want them to be able to renew without having to go through the full registration process again (we added in an application form to the process).

Just make sure they are logged in when they load the page with the button to renew the membership. Then the payment will go towards his account and not a new one.

If you protect that page at Level 0 he’ll have to be logged in to see it, or if you protect it at the paid level (I’m guessing Level 1) he’ll be able to renew before his current paid year expires.

Is the method described above the best method to do this?

You mean Buy Now transactions combined with the auto-extend setting? Yes.

Also, I am using a single membership level for the membership types but I have different prices for general memebrs, students, etc. How do I know how to provide them with the appropriate renewal button?

Together with the Level, you could give the user a custom capability that reflects the price he picked. You’d then use the ccap to decide what renewal button to show him.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

And do I have to make a page with renewal buttons that I show them after an attempted log in after their membership has expired?

You can use the Login Welcome page for this, with a conditional that shows him the renewal options if he’s Level 0 (meaning he’s been demoted from the paid level already).

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.