latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Button issues: Outdated Version?

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Button issues: Outdated Version?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 21st, 2013 at 10:39 pm #59758

I know everyone has been having paypal issues…including me.

But this time, when I tried to see if the button was working on my site, I got this:

You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.

What’s going on?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 24th, 2013 at 7:48 am #59802

I had not seen that error mentioned before…

Does it happen when you load the page where the PayPal button is or after clicking the button?

What code are you using for the button?

Could you show me a screenshot or give me a link to the page?

Posted: Tuesday Sep 24th, 2013 at 11:13 pm #59828

Did that attached image work?

If not, the site is http://www.canadianfreeflyers.com and if you click on the $37 option at the bottom, you will see what I’m talking about.

Aside from that, if you click the other 2 options in the pricing table, you will get a different “error” form Paypal.

However, the $97 option at the bottom works. Not sure what is happening.

I got the urls by creating a paypal button in s2member and then switching output to url, previewing the page, copying the url and putting it in the pricing table.

Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 7:12 am #59857

I got the urls by creating a paypal button in s2member and then switching output to url, previewing the page, copying the url and putting it in the pricing table.

This may be the reason, then. You need to use the shortcodes to generate the buttons.

If these will only be new signups and no upgrades, and shortcodes aren’t an option because of they won’t work in your table, then you could use buttons created over at paypal.com. See: Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Or, you can do something similar to the hack discussed here, but with PayPal button shortcodes:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/clickbank-buttons-outside-the-site-with-s2member/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/clickbank-button-hack-another-instalation-2/

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 7:23 pm #59885

So is this one anyone has to do when they have a pricing table?

Isn’t their someway to integrate a pricing table more simply?

I would think all membership sites would have a pricing table for professional look?

I’ll try!

Posted: Thursday Sep 26th, 2013 at 8:35 am #59912

Many site owners use price tables together with s2Member.

The problem is when the table doesn’t let you enter a shortcode for the button and you need to enter a URL. What has worked for those site owners when they couldn’t generate the URL dynamically with the shortcode.

I think the best option is to use a hack like the one I linked to, because it doesn’t just work for new signups, but for upgrades of logged in users too.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.