latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Buttons one mile down on page

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Buttons one mile down on page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Skylar Rule 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 19th, 2013 at 9:03 am #62045

Hello,

The PayPal short code inserts 40 line breaks in the page!

On our site now all of the PayPal buttons are a mile down on the page with a HUGE WHITE SPACE GAP before the button.

This makes me the developer look stoopid to my director and makes us look stoopid to the new members who sign up with PayPal each day.

PLEASE help me get the buttons back up where they belong–you know, where the short code is pasted in the page.

Here is a view source:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
 <br />
 <br />
 <!-- Instant Payment Notification &#038; Return Page Details --><br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <!-- Configures Basic Checkout Fields --><br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <!-- Configures s2Member's Unique Invoice ID/Code  --><br />
 <br />
 <!-- Identifies/Updates An Existing User/Member (when/if applicable)  --><br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <!-- Identifies The Customer's IP Address For Tracking --><br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <!-- Controls Modify Behavior At PayPal Checkout --><br />
 <br />
 <!-- Customizes Prices, Payments &#038; Billing Cycle --><br />
 &lt;!--&#8211;&gt;<br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <!-- Displays The PayPal Image Button --><br />
 <br />
</form>

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 30th, 2013 at 10:52 pm #62278
Sarah
Username: Sarah

I had the same issue and I found that adding the raw shortcode before and after Paypal Buttons fixed the problem.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 31st, 2013 at 12:04 am #62280
Skylar Rule
Username: skylar

AnotherOpus,
this is happening because you aren’t using the short code at all. Instead you’ve pasted the FORM ACTION CODE into the wordpress visual editor. You can’t do that. If you want to paste Form Code into your wordpress editor, you have to open an HTML editing box, paste it there, save it and the button will magically appear in your wordpress visual editor.

You may or may not know how to open an HTML editor, if not, I’ll explain:
If you have a “kitchen sink” from the Ultimate TinyMC plugin (free), there should be a button labeled HTML. Choose the one with the box around it (it has better formatting). This opens up your code and you have to find the appropriate position to paste your code. Save.

EDIT:
I was WRONG.
Pasting the Form Code into the HTML editor fixes the formatting problem, the buttons look good, but then they don’t work. I get sent to the PayPal Sandbox but it says:
“Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.”

It’s strange that when I paste the short code into my wordpress editor, the buttons work, but if I paste the Form Code, I get the Invalid Regular period notice …and I get the mile long white space.

Back to the drawing board.

P.S. The raw codes don’t help me at all.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.