latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Buttons Stopped Working

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Buttons Stopped Working

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jake Kennedy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 9:22 am #56440

Hi guys, had everything set up on my site and working for a year, suddenly my paypal buttons all stopped working and returned the error that paypal doesnt accept unencrypted payments.

Went through stuff with my hosts and restored my site to backup/checked plugins etc, no change.

Ive notice that in my s2 settings whether its set to encrypted buttons or not its producing the exact same code, so maybe s2 isnt encrypting my buttons and thats why im getting the issue? however the buttons worked for a year with both the s2 and paypal encyption set to on.

So whats happened? has a file in s2 gone funny etc during an update? why is s2 not encrypting the buttons?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 7:36 am #58779

Well, first I’d make sure button encryption is enabled in s2Member and PayPal. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -> Button Encryption[/hilite]

This video may help too: Video » s2Member PayPal Integration

If you have PayPal button encryption enabled in s2Member and PayPal, then I’d do some troubleshooting following the advice in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips. I’d start with the server one in this case.

Posted: Saturday Aug 31st, 2013 at 8:36 am #58919

Done all the troubleshooting tests and made no difference at all, theres no plugin conflicts or theme, server is fine, all is set up right as has been working a year, cashes cleared. No reason why one day it should stop working.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Jake Kennedy.
Posted: Sunday Sep 1st, 2013 at 8:03 am #58942

You’re right, it’s funny that they’d stop working like that.

Did you verify that your PayPal credentials in the integration are all correct? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Did you enable logging for your tests and what errors do the logs mention? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files[/hilite]

Do you have any hacks in your theme’s functions.php or WordPress’ must-use plugins? Did you remove these when testing conflicts?

Did you also do the clean WP installation with just s2Member as part of the troubleshooting?

Posted: Sunday Sep 1st, 2013 at 8:37 am #58943

Yes, my paypal credentials are all correct, and were not changed at all.

No logging is not active as s2 recommends not to have it active on a live site, my sites been live for a year and working fine.

As far as I know i dont have any conflicts, i have tried deactivating all plugins and still experienced the same issue, I have also tried completely uninstalling s2member and deleting the folders and reinstalling it, made no difference.

Have also tried this on a fresh wordpress and experience same issue

Posted: Sunday Sep 1st, 2013 at 8:38 am #58944

Okay.

Could you show me your PayPal buttons? The code you’re using for them and the page they’re in, please.

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:57 am #58945

Yeah an example code is,

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="One Direction Fan Club Basic (Lifetime Membership) / £4.99" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="onedirectionfanclub.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="4.99" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://onedirectionfanclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/price-basic.png" output="button" /]

I have had to turn off the setting for encrypted in paypal web preferences to get them to work, just wont work otherwise.

theyre at http://onedirectionfanclub.com/join

Posted: Monday Sep 2nd, 2013 at 1:08 am #58960

See this link. The problem is ongoing and unresolved.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/encrypted-paypal-subscription-button-error/

Posted: Wednesday Sep 4th, 2013 at 10:26 am #59106

the staff member on that threat is talking about different issue than im getting, im not having cannot complete last action errors, paypal are saying my buttons arnt encrypted, so can only get them to work with all the encryption settings turned off. i think this is an error in the code generated by button creater perhaps, but the buttons worked for a year!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.