latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal checkout button not working in IE9

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal checkout button not working in IE9

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:16 am #23550

Hi Guys,

as I mentioned in the title I have s2member pro forms installed on my server and the paypal checkout button doesn’t work under IE9. It’s worth noting that it works just fine under IE7 and IE8. It also works fine under IE9 when you change the document mode to: Internet Explorer 8 standards. So the problem is in the document standards obviously but I still can’t figure it out. Hope you guys can help me.

You can see my payment page here: http://billharvest.co.uk/yearly-payment/

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:57 am #23667

Thanks for the report, William. I’ll forward it to Jason. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 3:19 am #23905
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up this thread.

This issue has been reported a couple of times over the last year. We’ve never been able to reproduce this in a clean installation of WordPress (i.e. default theme, running only s2Member). Therefore, we have to assume it’s a plugin conflict that occurs on some sites, and impacts IE9 more than other browsers.

In at least one of the cases that I’ve investigated, the problem was indirectly related to a jQuery extension used by a custom theme. In another case, the problem was resolved by updating to the latest version of jQuery.

I took a quick look at your site, and I find that you have two separate versions of jQuery being loaded. One is loaded in the <head></head> section of the document, and another (possibly older version), is later overriding that, by being loaded in the footer of the site. So that might be something to have a look at.

If problems persist, please make an attempt to reproduce this on a clean test installation of WordPress. If you can reproduce it there, please let me know! Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 7:59 am #24298

It turns out that the problem was in the WordPress ‘auto p tags’ feature I just had to disable it from default-filters.php
and it all works now. Thanks for the help.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 4:42 am #24477

Thanks for the update! I’m very glad you found the issue. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.