latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Confirmation email – no email address

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Confirmation email – no email address

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 7:57 am #56097

When I had my checkout go through paypal I would get a nice email from paypal with each new customer signup. It would include things like the customer’s name and email address.

I recently switched to accept payments directly on my website (s2member pro forms with paypal pro). I now get a different confirmation email from Paypal which does not include the email address of the new customer.

Is there a way to customize what type of information is provided to me in the payment confirmation email that I get from paypal? Is this something I can change on my S2member Pro settings?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 4:10 am #56229
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Are you referring to the email that’s sent from PayPal, or from s2Member? What email address does it come from? s2Member’s not capable of changing any of the emails that PayPal sends, sorry. The only emails that are available to change for PayPal are here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 9:36 am #56257

Thanks Bruce.

The emails come directly from paypal (the receipt emails). I just thought it was strange that if checkout goes through paypal (not using the S2Member Pro Forms) then their receipt email includes the buyer’s email address and when the checkout occurs through my website (using Pro Forms), then their receipt email does not include the buyer’s email address.

I will check with paypal. Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 1:52 am #56406

Yeah, check with PayPal, this is something on their side. When you were using the PayPal buttons, the service you were using is PayPal Standard, but the pro-forms integrate with the Express Checkout or PayPal Pro services. It’s very likely that the latter behave differently than the former.

One thing you could do, also, is setup an s2Member Payment Notification so it emails you each time s2Member gets notified by PayPal of a payment. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications[/hilite]

:)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.