latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Confusion & site licence question

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Confusion & site licence question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 4:24 pm #22027
kevin revill
Username: xonath

Hi Guys/Girls,

2 questions. before i buy pro
I am creating a site for a client, its a subscription service with levels at $9.99, $19.98 & $29.97

1) I am building a site for a client. my test box runs under a crappy name. once the site is built and handed over, can i have the single user site licence transferred over the live copy or do i need to buy pro again?

2) Im absolutely confused by paypal and the dreaded 20% issue. Which i think will be an issue with the 3 tier pricing above.

I have watched a lot of the videos for this software, and i do not see in any i have watched a subscriber going from one level to another where the subscription change is > 20% and using paypal. Does the software have a way around this? or is a combination of
a) using this software
b) along with moving from paypal standard to paypal pro. (Is the 20% limit also on paypal pro?)

I am confused as i read somewhere that we can get around the 20% with subscriber pro and paypal standard. Is this true and do we have a write up or video of the user journey of a modification above the 20%.

Many thanks

Kev

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 4:32 am #22055
kevin revill
Username: xonath

Yeah, Sorry about that. Apparently the forum will not allow me to post a question to customer support forums.

This is a pre-sale question. I.e. the answer to this question will then allow me to purchase the product, and while the forum software used on thsi site will not allow me to post to the forum suggested as it says you cannot post a new topic, i only had this forum to post in.

Can i have an answer, or can you move this question to the right forum please?

Kev

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:52 am #22066

Hi Kev.

1) I am building a site for a client. my test box runs under a crappy name. once the site is built and handed over, can i have the single user site licence transferred over the live copy or do i need to buy pro again?

That’s fine. It’s a single live site, the development one doesn’t count.

where the subscription change is > 20% and using paypal. Does the software have a way around this?

Yes, s2Member works around this ending the previous subscription and starting a new one, instead of modifying the existing one. You will need PayPal Pro for this.

Jason Caldwell said:
you WILL need PayPal Pro before you can effectively avoid the 20% rule with s2Member Pro

I hope that helps!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.