latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal eCheck Payment only?

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal eCheck Payment only?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 7:54 pm #46171

We currently have the free version of the software installed. I have my PayPal Business account set up and am trying to test it out by using my personal account to purchase a subscription. My personal account has enough money in it to cover the charge of the membership.

I go to the membership options page and click the PayPal button.
It directs me to PayPal.

On this page it says: Log in to complete your checkout
I log in with my personal account.

It then demands that I add a credit card to my PayPal account.
“You must add a credit card to complete this purchase. Some payments, like instant and immediate payments, require a credit card.”

If I press Cancel, it takes me to the “Funding Options” page and tells me that echecks are turned off.

We only want to accept payments from existing balances on PayPal or credit card payments. Is this not allowed with the free version of the software? Does our customer have to have a credit card on file through PayPal in order to order a membership?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:47 pm #46226
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

What is required of the User at checkout depends on what your PayPal account supports, and what your Button’s shortcode is producing. It sounds to me like your personal account is not yet verified by PayPal, and you need to add a credit card to verify your account, but I cannot be sure.

I would recommend reading the following articles here at s2Member.com. If you’re still having issues, you can post a link to a screenshot here of the exact message you are receiving from PayPal and we’ll help you in any way we can. :-)

See: Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison
See Also: Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.