latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Error/Forum Post Vanished

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Error/Forum Post Vanished

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 12:28 pm #39774

Previously I posted an issue I have been having with my S2Member customers checking out with PayPal. It was located at
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/error-after-paypal-check-out/

That string appears to have vanished, eventhough it was only a couple of weeks old and there were multiple replies from support. I was finally asked by support to provide them with admin access to my wordpress site and my hosting account, which I did via a private message. They were not able to access my site so I was told to check the info again, which I did, and re-sent usernames and passwords. That was last week and I have not heard anything back for several days.

I am frustrated now since not only does my membership system not work and paying customers are getting an error at just the wrong time, but all my efforts with support must now start over again? Is there any way I can just pay someone to figure out all the errors and make my installation work smoothly once and for all?? I don’t have time to go back and forth for weeks only to discover there is some other technical issue with some other part of the software that I need to de-bug.

Here is the error my customers are seeing after they pay with paypal:

ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.
Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility. If you are the site owner, and you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.

s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension; and instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.

Please see this thread for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.

I checked “this thread” and all the other threads in this forum. I tried the steps outlined in those support threads to no avail. I am hosting with GoDaddy. I have no programming experience but plenty of WordPress experience. Let me know how you think we should proceed as I really need a functioning membership platform asap I am turning away business throughout this delay.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:47 am #40150
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m very sorry about the deletion of your thread. We were forced to delete it for security purposes. I did reply to you a day or two beforehand though. After investigating your installation, I found the following configuration error on your site.

This section of your Dashboard has never been filled in, resulting in the error you see in your log files.
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.