latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Errors

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Errors

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  fpl 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 9:55 pm #48253

My client has signed up for PayPal Pro – Payflow edition and recurring billing is enabled. If we enter all the details (standard and Payflow) we get Error#1. User Authentication failed: PayPal.

If I leave the Payflow details out, a PayPal membership is successful, but credit card payments get Error # 11586. DPRP is disabled. DPRP is disabled for this merchant.

This site needs to be functioning in 2 days so this is a big deal to get resolved asap. Paypal tells us this is a problem with the API integration. I do have logging turned on and can send log details.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 7:19 am #48275

Thanks for the info.

Did you verify with PayPal if your client’s PayPal Pro account is PayFlow Edition or not? Also, verify with them if DPRP is enabled. Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout

I know you said it’s PayFlow Edition with recurring payments, but what you described afterwards seems to indicate something else. It’d be best to verify these with PayPal.

Paypal tells us this is a problem with the API integration.

s2Member itself doesn’t have a problem with this, so it’d be the values entered when you configure the integration. The PayFlow Edition name comes from using the PayFlow API, so make sure you have this correct.

I do have logging turned on and can send log details.

Sure, you can submit the login info, I’ll take a look at the log in your dashboard (don’t attach the log files). Please let us know when you sent the email. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:05 pm #48325

Hi Cristian,
According to PayPal account info that I can see:
Payment solution is PayPal Payments Pro
Logging in to PayPal Manager the service summary shows:
PayPal Payments Pro – Live
Hosted Checkout Pages – Live
Payflow SDK/API (Full Access) – Live
Recurring Billing – Live

I sent a private contact email earlier today and got an auto response that it had been received. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly – we have to be live in a couple days and client is getting very nervous

Thanks for your help!

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 8:51 am #48354

Thanks for the info.

The PayPal services seem okay. From what you tell me there, you need to fill out the PayFlow fields in s2Member too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow™ Account Details[/hilite]

This may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0jOq2MRTVQ

We didn’t receive the contact form you sent. We’re currently having problems with some file types when using attachments, and we’re working on solving this. Please resend it without any attachments to be safe, and leave a new reply here when you do. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Even if I get the site’s login info, I can’t tell if the PayPal credentials are correct, so please verify that you entered all the correct info. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Also, although it’s not as good as getting the payments on your site, if you need to go live and couldn’t get this ready on time, you can still use the Express Checkout option in your pro-form. For this, change the value of the [hilite mono]accept[/hilite] shortcode attribute to just “paypal”. As soon as you can get the cards working, you can add them to the pro-form customers see. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> accept[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:28 am #48359

I have double checked the payflow details – I also verified that I can login to PayPal Manager with that same info. So I know those are correct.
I will submit another private contact with login details

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:39 am #48361

I just submitted the private contact form again. I know we can go back to using only paypal, but this client is going to be majorly upset if he paid for S2Member Pro and the upgrade to PayPal and now it doesn’t work.

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 7:48 pm #48407

Thanks, got the email this time.

I see in your PayFlow API log this in the last entry:

'RESULT' => '1',
'PNREF' => 'VQ0006CA6E71',
'RESPMSG' => 'User authentication failed: PayPal',
'__error' => 'Error #1. User authentication failed: PayPal.',

If you’re positive they credentials you entered are correct, could you ask PayPal support about it for a hint on why you may be getting this?

The PayPal API log says in the last entry:

'L_ERRORCODE0' => '11586',
'L_SHORTMESSAGE0' => 'DPRP is disabled.',
'L_LONGMESSAGE0' => 'DPRP is disabled for this merchant.',
'L_SEVERITYCODE0' => 'Error',
'__error' => 'Error #11586. DPRP is disabled. DPRP is disabled for this merchant.',

Again, could you ask PayPal support about it? They should confirm if you have DPRP.

You’re not using Sandbox credentials mixed with your account’s, right? Just checking.

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:34 pm #48410

I will contact PayPal with this. I can log in to PayPal manager with the credentials so I assumed they were all live. There has never been a sandbox with this account, but will verify to be sure and get back to you

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:27 pm #48414

Cool. I’ll wait for your update.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 11:03 am #48497

talked to Paypal – they are telling us s2member needs to be updated.
Below is response they emailed after talking to them:

account is PayPal Pro which should use our Payflow Gateway for transaction instead of the Website Payment Pro version.

We’ve added backwards compatibility for single payments to be processed, however, the recurring systems are too different and your account needs to use Payflow’s Recurring Billing instead of http://www.PayPal.com ‘s DPRP.

I’ve included a link to our developer guides and SDKs. The PF Dev Guide and Recurring Billing guide are the ones your devs would need.
https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/development-and-integration-guides#pfg
http://www.paypal.com/sdk

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 7:15 am #48549

Thanks for the update.

account is PayPal Pro which should use our Payflow Gateway for transaction instead of the Website Payment Pro version.

I’m not sure I understand that statement. So is it PayPal Pro or PayFlow Pro what you have?

These are two different PayPal services and s2Member doesn’t support PayFlow Pro. s2Member Pro is correctly integrated with PayPal Pro, whether it uses the PayPal Pro or the FayFlow API, but it doesn’t support PayFlow Pro.

If you have PayFlow Pro, that’d explain why you’re having trouble. Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 1:29 pm #48581

according to Paypal – the account is PayPal Pro. It is not a PayFlow Pro account.
also – PayPal confirmed that DPRP is enabled.

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 6:02 pm #48594

Per conversation with PayPal Merchant Technical Support – the details for PayPal Pro (PayFlow edition)that s2member requires under PayFlow Account Details are exactly the same as those required to log in to the PayPal Pro account manager. I am able to log in to https://manager.paypal.com/ with the credentials successfully so those details are correct.
According to PayPal, s2 Member should be using the Payflow’s Recurring Billing instead of http://www.PayPal.com ‘s DPRP.

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 7:25 pm #48603

according to Paypal – the account is PayPal Pro. It is not a PayFlow Pro account.

Thank you for confirming it.

According to PayPal, s2 Member should be using the Payflow’s Recurring Billing instead of http://www.PayPal.com ‘s DPRP.

I’ll ask Jason about this, then. I’m pretty sure other site owners with PayFlow edition used DPRP… I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 6:35 am #48615

Okay, Jason and I just spent some time going over your installation and testing some things out.

I created a Test page for the 1 cent pro-form, but protected it with a password so it could be published but not accessible by your visitors if it happened to show up somewhere. I hope that was okay.

Jason explained to me that for the PayFlow API, the recurring solution is PayFlow Recurring Payments, but since the PayPal Pro API uses DPRP, and that’s what was available until they added the PayFlow Edition recently, sometimes the PayFlow one may get called DPRP. What’s actually being referred to is the recurring payment option.

This threw me off, because the log’s error, which is what PayPal said to s2Member, says that DPRP is disabled, it doesn’t say recurring payment. So I apologize for insisting on DPRP earlier. From what you told me, you have recurring payments enabled in your account, so that’s fine.

He tried two different cards and both times he got this error:

Error #36. Transaction failed: Fail to obtain approval for the online transaction.

I asked him why that could be and he said it’s hard to know for sure. It could be because the account does not accept certain types of credit cards, or anything really. That that’s something you would need to consult PayPal about. They are refusing to authenticate his card for some reason.

He also tried paying with the Express Checkout option, and he got another error with that one:

Error #1. User authentication failed: PayPal.

The user authentication failure indicates that the PayPal account or the PayFlow API credentials, or both, are incorrect. From the above test with the cards, it looks like it connects to the PayFlow API, and you confirmed before that you verified them to be correct. The error does say “PayPal” at the end, so maybe it means the PayPal account, so you’d need to verify that the PayPal account credentials are correct.

He said that in this case, the User Authentication error could be occuring because your Payflow account is not tied to the PayPal account for some reason. That’s not common, but it’s possible.

He suggests that you write back to PayPal and explain that he’s getting a User Authentication error when he tries to use Payflow together with Express Checkout. He’s almost sure that that error is caused because your Payflow account is somehow not tied together with your actual PayPal account.

Payflow is managed at: http://manager.paypal.com
Your PayPal account is managed at: http://www.paypal.com

If your Payflow account accepts credit cards, but does not accept PayPal, this will cause problems.

Please let me know how it goes with the credentials verification and with PayPal about the failed transaction. After you verify/fix credentials, or link the accounts, etc, please test again purchasing the subscription with Express Checkout and cards, and let me know how it goes.

Sorry for the long reply, but I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 12:02 pm #48798

Thanks for working on this! I appreciate all the effort. I’ve submitted this to paypal support and will post back when we find out

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 9:41 pm #48864

Success!! – Thank you so much for your help – it was Jason’s clue that the 2 paypal accounts were not linked that resolved the problem. PayPal did not expressly confirm this, but magically after asking about this possibility everything started working as it should.

For future future reference – any anyone else pulling their hair out trying to resolve this issue – we immediately saw 2 major differences once the primary PayPal account and the PayPal Manager account were linked correctly.
We can now login to the regular PayPal account and the link to PayPal Manager no longer requires that we login again. Also, now that the accounts are linked, when in PayPal Manager, the “Summarry of Services” lists PayPal Express in addition to Recurring Payments.

If you don’t see PayPal Express in your summary of services and you have to login to each section separately, you are probably suffering from disconnected accounts.

Thank you Cristian and Jason for figuring this out!!!

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 8:26 pm #48952

That’s wonderful, Lori! Thank you so much for the update and sharing your findings. :)

I’ll suggest adding a comment on this in the documentation in s2Member’s PayFlow panel.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 4:30 pm #49034
fpl
Username: ctl

@Lori Brocka:

First off, thanks very much for such detailed information.
Armed with it, we called PayPal again…

From a PayPal PayFlow API “Head Developer”:

“Everyone has to double log-in and whoever wrote the post was mistaken. They were already logged into PayPal Manager, went back to their paypal account, and then clicked on Manager again, giving the impression they were automatically logged in.”

What can I answer that?… Can you confirm (him) that you are not already logged into your Manager when you access it from your PP account?

Thanks!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.