latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal – Invalid Regular period?

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal – Invalid Regular period?

Tagged: , , , , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Christopher 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:13 pm #18564
Roger
Username: roger

Hello,

How do I fix this error, displayed by Paypal, as copied below?

“… Return to Merchant… Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription…”

Things I’ve done to try and resolve this.

* Deactivated all plugins (except S2Membership) – Does not fix error.

* Change to default Twenty Eleven theme – Does not fix error.

* Deactivate all plugins (except S2Membership) AND use default Twenty Eleven theme – Still does not fix error.

* Deactivate all plugins (except S2Membership) AND use default Twenty Eleven theme AND did NOT use Paypal shortcode – Still does not fix error.

* Deactivate all plugins (except S2Membership) AND use default Twenty Eleven theme AND made SURE to use the generated shortcode – Still does not fix error.

The above activities indicate that the issue might be with the S2Member plugin.

I was considering the Pro version after the site launched, now I assume that is no longer an option, unless…

Anyone please have a fix for this?
Thanks! :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 2:24 pm #18569
Roger

Update: I notice that the source code of rendered pages DOES have A3, P3, T3:

<input type="hidden" name="a3" value="8.99" /><br />
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="1" /><br />
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="M" /><br />

So not sure why Paypal and should through this error when the plugin sends the info to Paypal.

Actually, I think this is the only thing preventing me from purchasing the Pro version. :(

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 1:47 pm #38988

I’m having this exact same issue. Were you able to resolve it and if so how?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 1:54 pm #38991
Roger

@Alex Kiziah

No I was never able to resolve this. Support never replied either, so I just moved on and paid for another pro plugin that had better support. ;)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 2:05 pm #38996

oh…well I just figured it out thanks to a support forum on my theme’s site.

Most ironic part is s2member uses a modified version of the them they recommend and that I’m using called inFocus from mysitemyway.com

turns out, all you have to do is put

at the start of your button shortcode and

at the end…

anyway, just thought i’d share since I struggled for hours on it like you did as well i assume

What did you switch to if you don’t mind me asking?

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 2:57 am #49764
Christopher
Username: fusiagr

Please add this to your FAQ or suggest people trying it to answer to problems regarding short-code button for paypal. Could definitely save people hours of testing.

at the start of your button shortcode and

at the end…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.