latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal IPN suddenly not working

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal IPN suddenly not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 9:02 am #45546
Rena Hearn
Username: renahearn

After running s2m for several months with no problems, I have suddenly started getting an email from Paypal that the s2m ipn is not working.

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
(with the correct ipn address)
If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

I have double checked everything. Why would this suddenly start giving this error??

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 6:19 pm #45572
Rena Hearn
Username: renahearn

After looking through the logs I know the problem…just not how to fix it.

We were hosted at bluehost.com. They had a MAJOR crash!! We moved back to our old hosting at 1and1 and thus changed our main domain name (then just forward the old one.) When I look through the logs it is trying to communicate with the old server.

Where in the code or files do I update this info to make sure that all operations are pointing to the correct server and web address??

I need this fixed ASAP! Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:31 am #45717

Hi Rena.

We moved back to our old hosting at 1and1 and thus changed our main domain name (then just forward the old one.)

Can’t you use the old domain name with the new hosting? It isn’t required to changed domain names when you change hosting services. If you wanted to change the domain name for other reasons, then okay, but I just want to make sure if you thought the server change made it necessary.

Where in the code or files do I update this info to make sure that all operations are pointing to the correct server and web address??

I’m not sure if PayPal lets you edit the subscriptions to update the IPN URL in them. You could ask them how you can do that. The correct URL for your installation can be found here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration[/hilite]

If you can’t edit the IPN URL in the subscriptions, you’ll need a script forwarding the IPN correctly to the new address. Here you can example paypal-central-ipn file you can customize for your needs: http://www.s2member.com/wp-content/downloads/s2m-pro-extras.zip

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.