latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal members stay after cancel payment

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal members stay after cancel payment

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 6:41 am #51755
Luke Peake
Username: thebigdot

Hi,

Paypal members sign up and become a member but then cancel their subscription in Paypal and remain as members in our website and keep full access. It does not seem to be integrated properly with our Paypal and updating this.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:49 pm #51795
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

This is usually caused by an incorrect setup with your PayPal IPN. Could you check your Log files (turn it on if you don’t have it on, and do a test transaction), and see if:

1. There is a log file being generated

and 2. This log file does not error with every response

If you’re not sure how to read the log file, but it exists let us know and send us a Dashboard login here. We’ll take a look:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 7:03 am #52376
Luke Peake
Username: thebigdot

Hi,

Did you have a chance to look at this? We have members signing up for free when they choose the paypal option and paypal said we have the correct details so unsure what is wrong here.

Luke.

Posted: Monday Jun 24th, 2013 at 6:18 pm #52471
Bruce
Staff Member

Did you have a chance to look at this? We have members signing up for free when they choose the paypal option and paypal said we have the correct details so unsure what is wrong here.

So sorry, I didn’t get your Private Contact Form submission until now. I’m taking a look right now.

Posted: Monday Jun 24th, 2013 at 6:27 pm #52473
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I’m taking a look at your log files now and I see you’re running both ccBill and PayPal. In your paypal-ipn.log file, the last PayPal cancellation’s notes looks like this:

's2member_log' => 
array (
  0 => 'IPN received on: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:47:57 pm UTC',
  1 => 's2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.',
  2 => 's2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` ) validated.',
  3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_cancel|recurring_payment_profile_cancel` ).',
  4 => 'Unable to handle Cancellation. Could not get the existing User ID from the DB.',
),

The original transaction that was created from this looks to have been originally created on April 26th. The payment failed, and there were several reattempted payments, and skipped payments.

It looks to me that the problem is with your payments failing outright. All of the PayPal transactions in your logs that I’m seeing are failed payments. Have you been getting notification of Skipped Payments from PayPal?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.