latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal ok, WP: User registration not allowed

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal ok, WP: User registration not allowed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 11:19 am #16770
Martin M.
Username: martini

After the user pays, he is redirected back to my page, but sees only “User registration is not currently allowed”. I can manually add his account and associate the payment with his account…

Also: When I create his account, the fields like name, custom capabilities, payment ID etc. are not saved. So – he clicks the activation link, creates his account and I need to add this data afterwards.

Any idea how to solve? :)

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:03 pm #16804
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Martin,

I believe once the user pays he is redirected to your website for him to register, that is if everything is OK.

Do you have logging enabled? Please make sure you do under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging.

And when you have another payment could you please post it under the code tags.

Thanks, and looking forward to it. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:32 am #16825
Martin M.

My PayPal RTN log core:

0 => 'Return-Data received on: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19:12 am UTC',
  1 => 's2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.',
  2 => 's2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` ) validated.',
  3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ).',
  4 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ) w/o update vars.',
  5 => 'Registration Cookies set on ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ) w/o update vars.',
  6 => 'Transient Tracking Cookie set on ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ) w/o update vars.',
  7 => 'Redirecting Customer to Registration Page. They need to Register now.',

IPN log core:

0 => 'IPN received on: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19:26 am UTC',
 3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ).',
 4 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ) w/o update vars.',
 5 => 'Signup Confirmation Email sent to: xxx.',
 6 => 'Storing IPN signup vars into a Transient Queue. These will be processed on registration.',

Further down:

0 => 'IPN received on: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19:27 am UTC',
   3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_payment|recurring_payment` ).',
   4 => 'Sleeping for 5 seconds. Waiting for a possible ( `subscr_signup|subscr_modify|recurring_payment_profile_created` ).',
   5 => 'Awake. It\'s Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19:32 am UTC. s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_payment|recurring_payment` ).',
   6 => 'Skipping this IPN response, for now. The Subscr. ID is not associated with a registered Member.',
   7 => 'Re-generating. This IPN will go into a Transient Queue; and be re-processed during registration.',

Same problem – member wasn’t created automatically, after I created him, WordPress didn’t remember the data I entered…

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:32 pm #17060
Eduan

Hello Martin,

I didn’t find any problems with the first log, but I did find a problem with the two last logs.

So, I gotta clarify something important. s2Member does not automatically create the user’s account, s2Member just makes sure the payment was received, and gives the user access to the registration page that applies for the level he paid for.

So the problems from the logs simply mean that the account was never created, and so it can’t do certain things.

And for the problem that users are not saved when you create them:
Could you please describe the exact method you’re using? So that I can maybe point something out.

Hope this helps. :)
– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:11 am #17111
Martin M.

Hello Eduan, I’m one step closer to solving the mystery.

There was a server crash. Nothing big, because they restored 24 hours old backup. But the crash occurred after updating WordPress. So I had to update again, but I forgot updating multisite. I created separate subdomain for membership page to make clear what is free and what paid.

After activating s2member in network and updating configuration for multisite, WordPress on main site kept crashing… Something like Fatal error on line 1188 in file capabilities.php. But: The subdomain works always.

So I deactivated s2member in the network/for the main (free) page and left it on the secondary domain only… I worry the problem will come up again with the next WordPress/s2member update.

How to solve this fatal error? Or shall I just ignore it?

Martin

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 11:03 am #17193
Eduan

Hello Martin,

Is it possible you could give the full error? Also, this is suggesting that your theme or another plugin is causing a compatibility issue with s2Member/WordPress/some other plugin.

So I suggest you first try making a test with your theme, and simply change to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven), and see if the error is still there.

Also, if the problem still remains, then I suggest you try the same with the plugins, simply disable every plugin except s2Member, and test if the problem still remains, if at some point the problem dissapears, then you just activate them one by one and do the test each time youa ctivate one, when the problem appears again then you have your culprit.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.