latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Payments Standard, not requiring acct

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Payments Standard, not requiring acct

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 2:39 pm #39212
myrna
Username: myrna

Hi,
I ditched S2Member (free version) because when using PayPal Payments Standard, the buttons are for recurring subscriptions and users are required to have a PayPal account for checkout OR I needed to pay PayPal $20/month to enable checkout without an account for subscriptions. It looks like you have a one-time checkout option on your Pro version? Ideally I want to let people pay for a one-year membership, check out using PayPal Payments Standard with or without an account, and in a perfect world also generate a reminder for the user to renew their membership at the end of a year. I really like the way S2Member works but have to have this functionality.

And, if the answer to the above is “yes”, can I upgrade later to a multi-site license?

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 2:03 pm #39433
myrna

Hi — Does anyone have an answer for this? I really would like to go with S2Member Pro — and get this site online soon — but I need S2Member Pro to have the capability I mention above. I am fine with using buttons and not the Pro forms, I just need people to be able to check out via PayPal Payments Standard WITHOUT having a PayPal account required.

Thank you!

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:48 pm #39456
myrna

Never mind… dug around and realized I can set up the button as a one-time non-recurring no trial button and all is good. Why didn’t I see that before? Did a trial run and it works like a charm. So, the free version wins! Thanks, S2Member!

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:35 am #39601
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Yes, that is correct. Any PayPal Button that uses a “Subscription” will require that a User have a PayPal account. But if you’re only charging one time, and there is no Initial/Trial period involved, you can just as easily create a “Buy Now” Button, where the customer will NOT need a PayPal® account to complete checkout.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.