latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro-Form Free Registration – HELP!

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro-Form Free Registration – HELP!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:16 am #43324

Hi,

My client has opted to sell memberships to their site within stores alongside the option to pay online, I have created a PayPal Pro Free Registration Form and protected it with a php script which will only reveal the form when a unique code is entered. Once the unique code is entered it displays the form in which the member can join, however we have now had the site open for a year and when current users membership has expired they will once again need to use the same form when they have the unique code.

The problem I’m having is the regular online PayPal Pro Forms (Online payments) remember the users details if they are signed in but the PayPal Pro Free Registration Form does not, how can I fix this? Here are the codes I am using:

Free Registration Form

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="2" ccaps="" desc="Gold Member web site registration" custom="www.thewclub.co.uk" tp="1" tt="Y" /]

Paid For PayPal Pro Form

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="£25.00 GBP / One Time ( for 1 year access, non-recurring )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.thewclub.co.uk" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="25.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" default_country_code="" captcha="0" accept_coupons="1" /]

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:01 pm #43428

Anyone got any idea about this because it’s a huge roadblock for my site!

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:49 am #43481

48 hours and no reply?

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:11 pm #43509

I’ve waited longer than 48 hours now! I need support badly :( Is there any way I can pay for better support? Getting a little impatient now! and my client is really breathing down my neck :(

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 1:30 pm #43517
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dave,

Sorry for the delay, Jason and Bruce have not been active this last couple of days, so it’s only me and Cristian. Thanks for your patience. :)

So if I understood correctly, the problem you’re having is that the free registration form is NOT pre-filling the fields with the already registered (and logged in) user’s values. Correct?

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 1:45 pm #43522

Eduan, thanks for getting back to me… That is the exact issue, any ideas on how to fix it?

I can give you a discount code to try it out yourself?

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:07 pm #43551
Eduan

Well, I’m not sure what the problem may be. :/

If the user is already a paid user, why would he need the free pro-form to be pre-filled? s2Member wouldn’t even allow the user to use that form anyway. :/

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 5:33 am #43581

The memberships only last a year, once the year is up their account goes back down to a free subscriber, a lot of customers on this site don’t trust online payments (due to their age) so this option must be sorted out asap.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 9:01 pm #43651

I’m also having these same issues with the free sign up form to work properly, s2member is not recognizing the code anymore after updated today, wondering if anyone else can help with this concern, thanks.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="4" ccaps="ccap1,ccap2" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="website.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]
Posted: Sunday Mar 3rd, 2013 at 5:40 pm #43675

After a’lot of figuring out, if you have bps pro plugin and you forgot to turn off auto restore when updating s2member, it will throw the instillation off and become filled with errors, even if you try the restore functions built in the bps pro, still won’t save the plugin that you updated, now after I re-installed s2member manually, everything works perfect again, hope I helped anyone who has this issue. take care

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 2:22 am #43680

Sorry you have a different issue to mine, support I really need this solved today, I’m a paying customer and really need help.

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 11:42 am #43708

I originally asked for help 5 days ago now, this is severely urgent now!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 2:20 am #43737

Guys, what the heck is going on? This support is probably the worst I’ve ever had to deal with and this is a paid for product…

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 4:37 pm #43811

Are there any support staff around?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:29 am #43882

How can I make a complaint? I’ve been waiting over a week now and my client is threatening to pull the project from me.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:24 pm #43896
Eduan

Hello Dave,

I’m very sorry for the delay. Bruce has not been available for 5 days and Jason hasn’t been online except small amounts of time (for certain topics only). So it’s all left to me and Cristian, and I took a 2 day break as well (unaware of the situation). (-_-‘ )

At this point I’m confused… Users pay for 1 year access, when they get demoted they go back to level 0 (normal). The problem you’re having is the free registration pro-forms not being pre-filled (even though the user is already level 0). Is this correct or did I misunderstand?

I’m sorry that you need to repeat, but I need to make sure. ;|

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:36 pm #43902

That is correct Eduan, basically we created a coupon code system that unlocks the free form, the user has paid for the membership in a physical shop, they get a code, come onto the website, enter the code and register for 1 years access via the pro-free form, the problem we have with that form is at the end of the year they wish to purchase another code in a store, they input the code and the form asks them to re-register (new email, new username etc) but they want to keep their old account.

We need to get the pro-free form to recognise the logged-in user and remember the details so it jumps them back from #0 (Free Sub) to #2 (Gold Sub)

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 8:28 am #43948

Hi Dave.

I’m very sorry about the delay, it’s been a busy week for us and we fell behind with some.

The problem I’m having is the regular online PayPal Pro Forms (Online payments) remember the users details if they are signed in but the PayPal Pro Free Registration Form does not, how can I fix this?

We need to get the pro-free form to recognise the logged-in user and remember the details so it jumps them back from #0 (Free Sub) to #2 (Gold Sub)

The thing is that the free registration pro-form is for registrations, so it was never meant to be prepopulated with an existing user’s info. And if it were, it’d try to create a new user, not update an existing one. This form is not for upgrades.

For free upgrades, you could create a customization that uses PHP to change the user’s role. You could have an upgrade link that includes a variable you pick up with your hack to know what role to change his account to.
Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP
Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/wp_loaded

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.