latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Pro Forms – Aweber notify url

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Pro Forms – Aweber notify url

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 12:48 pm #12064

Hi,
Can someone please confirm the correct location for an Aweber notification URL with the PayPal Pro forms?

I have the url ‘https://webhooks.aweber.com/paypal_ipn/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’
In BuyNow buttons this simply sits within the form code as a notify_url field. I presume this url now belongs in s2Member > API / Notifications > Payment Notifications.

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 12:03 am #12115

Right, you’d use the Notifications API. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications[/hilite]

Or use the built-in AWeber integration, found here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber®[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 5:06 pm #12172

Hi Cristian,
I’ve placed the URL in the ‘API/Notifications’ field. It seems like the best place. My concern was that I understood forms could only use one notify_url field and I’m promoted to add several.

I have a couple of other questions if you could help. I’ve looked and looked bit still unsure:

1. I wish to sell a download using the ‘PayPal Specific Page Form’. This page (and the return page) will need to be https. I presume the best way to achive this is with a WP plugin. WPSSL seems to be my best best. Would you agree?

2. I’m using Awber to send a series of auto emails. The first will contain the download page link.So, I don’t need S2Member auto confirmation email?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Posted: Sunday Apr 29th, 2012 at 1:27 am #12183

1. It’ll be best to use s2Member’s custom field for the post to have the page served via SSL. Pre Sale FAQs » Do I need an SSL certificate to use PayPal® Pro or Authorize.Net®?

2. I think it’d best to use the s2Member confirmation email for the first one in the emails sequence, the AWeber emails can start with the second email in the sequence. The confirmation email will have the link that lets the person load the page protected with the Specific Restriction, and you can’t get that link generated for the AWeber sequence. The confirmation email also gives you several replacement codes you can use to customize it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 12:34 pm #12285

Hi Cristian,
Thanks for your advise.

1. Thanks for the tip. The custom field works perfectly and saves adding another plugin.

2. OK. Didn’t realise the email contained the link to the protected page. I thought the user was auto redirected after completing payment and the email was simply a thank you message. Currently my first Aweber email contains this link.
So, it sounds like I’ll have 2 auto emails. The first from S2member containing the protected page link. The second from Aweber allowing users to opt-in to follow-ups.

Thanks for all your help. Great support :)

Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 3:09 am #12344

You’re welcome. Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.