latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro Forms integration

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro Forms integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 2:26 pm #46482

I recently upgraded to s2Member Pro, love the PayPal Pro Forms and I definitely want to use them. My client has a PayPal Payments Advanced account. Will the pro forms work with this paypal payment solution? I would rather not have him upgrade if you doesn’t have to, any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 9:17 am #46597

PayPal Advanced is not supported by s2Member yet, only Standard, Express Checkout and Pro. If he wants to receive payments on his site, he’ll need PayPal Pro.

These articles may be helpful too:
Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison
Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 1:17 pm #46624

I understand, but my client is asking, and I can’t blame him, the paypal Advanced Plan (as shown here- https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products), specifies that Customers pay without ever leaving your website (3rd from bottom).
So I have to ask, why is Paypal Advanced not supported by s2Member Pro?

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:05 am #46693

s2Member Pro had its additional payment gateways added before PayPal Advanced became available, if I’m not mistaken.

When Advanced was requested, we had already started development of the new s2Member. Jason didn’t want to delay its development adding it to the current s2Member. Adding a new payment gateway has several complications that are time consuming to get completely right. It’d help if PayPal were standard in the way its services work, but they’re very different from each other, so it’s a completely new integration for each one.

We plan to support PayPal Advanced in the new s2Member. We don’t have a release date for it yet, though, so I can’t tell you to wait for it to start your site. That’s why I say that if you need to receive payments on your site for s2Member, PayPal Pro would be the option available.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.