latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal pro signup form diff. in popup vs page

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal pro signup form diff. in popup vs page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Thomas 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 12:37 pm #40157
Thomas
Username: tomrail

Id liked to follow up on this fabulous explanation:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/free-trial-registration/

but topic is closed.

I also want to offer a free trial to the members area =level1.. and then have users either be demoted to level0 or upgraded= level2 (done via paypal payment/ subscription buttons.

I used the shortcode you provided as an example on above topic link.

It works fine when inserted into a page.
But displays a) paypal error along b) payment options

As the it is a free trial.. i wonder how to get rid of the payment options.. and also wonder why the page rendered it differently than the plugin

Any hints are more than welcome!

Thank you!

P.S: pic: left you see the modal pop up.. right the shortcode rendered on page

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Thomas. Reason: pic not displayed- now via html
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Thomas.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Thomas. Reason: too dumb to get image displayed
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Thomas. Reason: finally! ;)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:28 am #40244
Thomas

Another question on which access restriction to apply at those pages:

….
So, the outline I’m suggesting is as follows…

Level #1 will represent your free trial Members. Anyone at this Level is in their trial period. They ARE a Member, but only for a short time (1 week).
Level #2 will represent your paid Members. These are members who upgraded during their trial, or after their trial expired. They’ve now moved up to Level #2, a full Member now.
Level #0 will represent your Free Subscribers. These are people who have been demoted back down to Level #0, after having completed their trial period; and perhaps they’ve not paid for additional access yet.

Here is your Free Registration Form Shortcode that allows 1 week at Level #1.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="www.example.com" tp="1" tt="W" captcha="clean" /]

Be sure to change custom=”www.example.com” to your own domain name.

You can create a Pro Form for Membership Level #2 Access here, and charge whatever you like.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms
….

That would mean i can restrict member pages to level1( exactly as above shortcode implies). As they then after a week either be moved to level2 (which means they have also access to level1 content) or moved to level0 (which means they not have access to level1 content).

Or do i need to restrict pages with level2 access? (i doubt it, thinking level1 restriction being more correct)

Thank you!

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 2:50 am #40521
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

It works fine when inserted into a page.
But displays a) paypal error along b) payment options

Please make sure that BOTH shortcodes have register="1" in the list of attributes. One of these shortcodes does not, it would seem. If problems persist, please regenerate your shortcodes with s2Member®.

That would mean i can restrict member pages to level1( exactly as above shortcode implies). As they then after a week either be moved to level2 (which means they have also access to level1 content) or moved to level0 (which means they not have access to level1 content).

Or do i need to restrict pages with level2 access? (i doubt it, thinking level1 restriction being more correct)

Content would be restricted at Level #1 (available to all Members; including those on a free trial).

Content *could* also be protected at Level # 2 (optional). If you protected content at Level #2, it would mean that only Members who paid you for the upgrade, would have access to that content. So the question is, do you want Members to have full access during their free trial? If so, all content is protected at Level #1. Level #2 is really just a distinguishing Level (identifying paid customers). It really does not provide any additional access; because Level #1 is all that’s required. Make sense?

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 3:41 am #40532
Thomas

Thank you Jason,

restriction levels used with the free signup form is now clear!

The shortcode (as outlined in pic) has register=”1″ and level=”1″. That´s why i wondered the payment symbols displayed.
But it is getting even more strange because (in the pic) both examples using the exact same shortcode (triple checked)

The paypal pro – free registration forms can´t be generated (unlike the other l1, l2,.. access forms there is only the shortcode to copy over and manually adjust the parameters.)

As the incorrect form displays only when used inside the “modal popup” plugin.. i thought of some conflicts with that particular plugin. But as everything else renders just fine.. i still have a hard time believing it only messes up the “register=1” element.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.