latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Processing Confusion

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks PayPal Processing Confusion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Uma Sumeros 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 29th, 2012 at 1:11 pm #14879

When I click on the paypal button and it takes me to the Billing Information screen I find it very confusing under choose a payment method it says “You need a paypal account for this purchase” – why can’t the customer use a credit card? Why does the customer have to set up a paypal account?

If anyone knows how to get around this I’d love to know -> I’ve been searching around the forums for help on this, the only thing I can come up with is that it has to do with recurring billing.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 10:40 am #14943
loosefast
Username: loosefast

Isn’t there a section below on the PayPal page where it says “Want to use your credit card?”

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 10:50 am #14945

Thanks for responding, I figured it out. It isn’t that you can’t use a credit card but that you have to have a PP account if you want to use recurring payments. The wording should be changed but that’s all in the hands of PP so not much could be done for it. My solution is to offer recurring and non recurring payment options to users, in hopes that it will not deter someone from signing up who doesn’t want to start a paypal account, but also provide those who would rather have a recurring payments the option to do so. It would be nice if PP changed the billing info page so that it wasn’t so confusing but what-evs, not going down that road :) THANKS!

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:16 am #20603

I posted a question related to this subject too, and I need an answer because I don’t understand why the PayPal Code is being generated for Express Checkout instead of PayPal Website Payments Standard.

When I used the s2Member generated buttons, PayPal returned an error message stating: “this action could not be completed” and redirected me to their button generator, NOT to Express Checkout.

According to what I found at PayPal for Express Checkout, I need a merchant account, which I don’t have. What is the solution to get s2Member to generate “Buy Now” buttons instead of Express Checkout buttons?

What do I need to do to change this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.