latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Profile automatically cancelled

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Profile automatically cancelled

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 2:33 am #20651
Andrew
Username: ayoungren

I’ve had the last 2 people sign up and their PayPal profile status changes to “cancelled” right away. Here is my button shortcode:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$15.00 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.jazzeveryone.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="15.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Do you know what could cause this?

thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:00 am #20666

Hi Andrew.

Maybe the payment wasn’t successful after a nubmer of attempts… Do you have the log entries for those transactions? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Do you have other users that didn’t have this happen to them?

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:47 am #20680
Andrew

I spoke with one of the people, and it happened the first time he tried. He tried running his card a couple of times and it would not work either instance. He did receive a message confirming that he had established an automatic payment, but the status instantly went to “canceled”. I thought it was something to do with him specifically, but then it happened again. Before this user, I have had successful users sign up. Since this failed one, I was able to sign up successfully using my PayPal account but have not tried a card.

Do you mean “Enable Logging Routines”? I have it set to “yes”. Where do I find those logs?

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:56 am #20681
Andrew

Update:
I just successfully signed up using a credit card. So I have been able to, but the two previous members have been cancelled. thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:37 am #20758

Okay.

You’ll find the log files in /wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/.

You can send me all the log files in it using the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 4th, 2012 at 5:00 pm #21159

I have the same problem, many times I have this problem, sometime all work fines but 1 transaction on 3 have this error.

Posted: Saturday Aug 4th, 2012 at 6:23 pm #21161
Andrew

I sent the log files a few days ago. Did you have the chance to look at them? I’ve had successful transactions happen in the meantime, but there are those 2 that never worked. I would like to assure this doesn’t happen anymore.

thanks

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #21272

What’s happening now ? what’s the problem because I had 2 times the same error today!!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:06 am #21338

Andrew said:
I sent the log files a few days ago. Did you have the chance to look at them? I’ve had successful transactions happen in the meantime, but there are those 2 that never worked. I would like to assure this doesn’t happen anymore.

Very sorry about the delay. I wasn’t aware that you had sent them until I read your post now. I found your email caught in the spam folder for some odd reason.

I reviewed the logs and your s2Member settings. I noticed that you’re missing the PDT Identity Token in your settings. Not sure if this is causing the problem you had, but it may cause problems not having it configured. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration[/hilite]

Could you complete that and monitor if you still have the problem happen? Thanks!

marc-andre benard said:
I have the same problem, many times I have this problem, sometime all work fines but 1 transaction on 3 have this error.

Could you please send your login info via the contact form to take a look at your installation? Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:12 am #21339

By the way, Andrew, could you give me the transaction IDs of some of your users who were cancelled irregularly, so spot them in the logs and look at their entries in particular? Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:34 am #21344
Andrew

Ok, I’ve put in the PDT Identity Token. Here are some customer IDs:

I-126EAUBW8Y2C
I-HPLEDFW4R7VL
I-PV9NY1FYF8F5

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:05 am #21363

All those have this in the entry for their cancellation:

3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_eot|recurring_payment_expired|recurring_payment_suspended_due_to_max_failed_payment` ) - or - `recurring_payment_profile_cancel` w/ `initial_payment_status` ( `failed` ).',

They were failed payments. :/

I’ve put in the PDT Identity Token.

Cool. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.