latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal profile created/canceled immediately

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal profile created/canceled immediately

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 6:38 am #43085

I used s2member for the last year and some time when someone tried to subscribe on my site their profile are created and immediately canceled in paypal. I know it can be due to funds in their account, credit card restriction, etc.
But I helped some people manually on paypal after and it worked with the same card they tried on my site.
So I decided to try another option in the configuration of s2member, I changed the consolidate to Real time because maybe my site (s2member) have a conflict with paypal?

I don’t know, but I lost a lot of subscription the last month because of that.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am #43153

Hi Marc-Andre.

What do the log entries for a transaction like that say? (x’ing out any private info)

That setting is fine to use, I don’t know that it’d cause a conflict.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 12:22 am #43571

This one is a guy ou made a purchase via my woocommerce paypal pro form gateway and it work but directly after he tried to buy a membership with the same card, but it didn’t work
This is the log

——– Input vars: ( Sat Mar 2, 2013 4:51:55 am UTC ) ——–
TRXTYPE[1]=R&ACTION[1]=A&EMAIL[25]=xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com&FIRSTNAME[5]=Chris&LASTNAME[6]=Jordan&CLIENTIP[13]=xxxx.xx.xx.xxx&DESC[26]=$99.95 CAD + tax / Yearly &BA_DESC[26]=$99.95 CAD + tax / Yearly &PROFILENAME[37]=1393779115:0 D:1 Y~www.marcfitt.com~2&OPTIONALTRX[1]=S&OPTIONALTRXAMT[6]=111.94&FAILEDOPTIONALTRXACTION[15]=CancelOnFailure&FAILEDINITAMTACTION[15]=CancelOnFailure&CURRENCY[3]=CAD&AMT[5]=99.95&TAXAMT[5]=11.99&MAXFAILPAYMENTS[1]=1&AUTOBILLOUTSTANDINGAMT[16]=AddToNextBilling&START[8]=03022014&PAYPERIOD[4]=YEAR&TERM[1]=0&TENDER[1]=C&ACCT[16]=4514076533278199&EXPDATE[4]=0613&CVV2[3]=472&STREET[33]=P.O. Box xxxxx xxx Second Line W.&CITY[15]=Sault Ste. Mari&STATE[16]=British Columbia&COUNTRY[2]=CA&ZIP[6]=P6 C6G&VERBOSITY[6]=MEDIUM&USER[10]=XGT71UC8TN&PARTNER[8]=PayPalCA&VENDOR[10]=xxxxxxxxxx&PWD[16]=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
array (
‘TRXTYPE’ => ‘R’,
‘ACTION’ => ‘A’,
‘EMAIL’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com’,
‘FIRSTNAME’ => ‘Chris’,
‘LASTNAME’ => ‘Jordan’,
‘CLIENTIP’ => ‘203.98.92.127’,
‘DESC’ => ‘$99.95 CAD + tax / Yearly ‘,
‘BA_DESC’ => ‘$99.95 CAD + tax / Yearly ‘,
‘PROFILENAME’ => ‘1393779115:0 D:1 Y~www.marcfitt.com~2’,
‘OPTIONALTRX’ => ‘S’,
‘OPTIONALTRXAMT’ => ‘111.94’,
‘FAILEDOPTIONALTRXACTION’ => ‘CancelOnFailure’,
‘FAILEDINITAMTACTION’ => ‘CancelOnFailure’,
‘CURRENCY’ => ‘CAD’,
‘AMT’ => ‘99.95’,
‘TAXAMT’ => ‘11.99’,
‘MAXFAILPAYMENTS’ => ‘1’,
‘AUTOBILLOUTSTANDINGAMT’ => ‘AddToNextBilling’,
‘START’ => ‘03022014’,
‘PAYPERIOD’ => ‘YEAR’,
‘TERM’ => ‘0’,
‘TENDER’ => ‘C’,
‘ACCT’ => ‘************8199’,
‘EXPDATE’ => ‘0613’,
‘CVV2’ => ‘472’,
‘STREET’ => ‘P.O. Box xxxxx xxx Second Line W.’,
‘CITY’ => ‘Sault Ste. Mari’,
‘STATE’ => ‘British Columbia’,
‘COUNTRY’ => ‘CA’,
‘ZIP’ => ‘P6 C6G’,
‘VERBOSITY’ => ‘MEDIUM’,
‘USER’ => ‘XGT71UC8TN’,
‘PARTNER’ => ‘PayPalCA’,
‘VENDOR’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxx’,
‘PWD’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 7:42 am #43760

Thanks for the log entry.

It somehow looks incomplete… Would it be possible for me to take a look at your logs viewer? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› s2Member® Log Viewer[/hilite]

You can send the login info using the contact form, please. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 3:37 pm #44524

Can I have help about my issue, I had more people who have the same problem.
Do you think the canadian conversion can be the problem? I should charge in US?

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 5:41 am #44911

Sorry about the delay.

Okay, I found your email and couldn’t login to the admin area, but was able to login to the FTP. I got the log files and searched for the entry you quoted above, but could not find it. What other transactions had this problem? I’ll look them up in the logs to see what may look wrong.

Have you asked PayPal about these failed transactions? After all it’s them processing the payment and failing, s2Member is not in control of that.

Now that I have the logs, I’m also asking Jason about this so he can review them. Could you submit the working login info for the admin area? Let me know when you sent it, please. Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 10:45 am #44928

I will recreate your admin account, it’s just because I had an hacker who tried to hack my site so I remove some admin on my site to secure it. I just added a new admin and sent the email with the password to s2member@websharks-inc.com
Yes I asked paypal and the problem is not from their site,
Like I said the buyers can buy on a paypal pro gateway on my woocommerce or with normal checkout too, but not a membership with your form…
I had another error this week with this customer:

On 2013-03-13, at 2:41 PM, jan d wrote:
> Hi,
> It still doesn’t work. I can’t get the membership, but I could purchase The Ultimate Workout. I already contacted the support of PayPal but they also couldn’t help me either.
> Best regards, Jan

So I just sent a request of money and create is username manually, but no recurring charge was made.
Maybe you will be able to search log with his email.
Thank you for your time

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:00 am #45143

Thanks.

I don’t have access to the email account you sent it to, but I notified Jason so he can take a look at this and see if he can explain why this is happening.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:18 am #45319
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

I investigated this installation and I find many log entries like this which do not appear to have originated with s2Member Payment Buttons or Pro Forms. There is no custom value, no item_number, or item_name; indicating the transaction originated from another software application. In one case, with customer Jan D; the transaction came through the Send Money tab at PayPal.com; not through s2Member.

Can you please post the s2Member® Shortcode that you’re using. I tried to access your Dashboard but I was denied access with the credentials you submitted. The FTP details work fine, but Dashboard access was not working for me. Thanks!

'custom' => '',
'txn_type' => 'express_checkout', (sometimes 'txn_type' => 'send_money')
'item_name' => '',
'mc_currency' => 'CAD',
'item_number' => '',
array (
  0 => 'IPN received on: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:45:55 am UTC',
  1 => 's2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.',
  2 => 'Unable to verify `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]`. Please check the `custom` value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.',
),
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:28 am #45320

you can have access, it’s just because you can’t click on dasboard (it’s like a bug on my site) you have to go on another menu like theme to go in the dashboard…

I use this code:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$9.95 CAD + tax / Month " ps="paypal" lc="" cc="CAD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.marcfitt.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="9.95" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:17 am #45352
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

May I also have a specific Transaction ID which failed to complete processing? You mentioned a specific user before, do you have the original Transaction ID, or Subscription ID; or anything else which I can use to identify that transaction in the logs with?

If you need to post that privately, please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:35 am #45356

I think it with this profil Id: I-M89T1LXF2L6P
I just had another problem with someone tried to get a membership, but he’s from Germany, every time someone from Germany tried to get a membership I have to do it manually and it working.

I don’t have an Id for this transaction but it’s the last attempt: his email is: constir@googlemail.com
Thank you for your help Jason

Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:23 am #45554

I notice that I have a lot of skipped payment everyday, around 2-5 skipped payment. It’s frustrating.
Can you check if it’s a problem in the configuration too. Thank you for your tremendous help.

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 11:03 pm #46329

?

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 6:56 am #47167
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

~ I apologize for the long delay on this.

I think it with this profil Id: I-M89T1LXF2L6P

I’m sorry but I was unable to find a reference in any of your s2Member® log files related to this ID.

I just had another problem with someone tried to get a membership, but he’s from Germany, every time someone from Germany tried to get a membership I have to do it manually and it working.

I investigated your log files and inspected cases where German customers were attempting checkout. In the cases that I found, you had customers that were attempting to complete checkout via PayPal Express Checkout. s2Member Pro redirected them to PayPal Express Checkout after the customer chose PayPal as their preferred payment method. However, your log files indicate that these customers either:

(a) never returned from PayPal Express Checkout,

or (b) there was a processing failure on the PayPal end that may have prevented s2Member from being notified about the transaction.

I suspect the underlying cause of this could be this setting in your PayPal account.
Please check this section of your PayPal Account: Profile -› Website Payment Preferences

I don’t have an Id for this transaction but it’s the last attempt: his email is: c——-@googlemail.com
Thank you for your help Jason

I found log entries related to this transaction. It was the same case as above. Your log files indicate the customer was redirected to PayPal Express Checkout but never returned from checkout at PayPal.

s2Member’s API call that initiated PayPal Express Checkout succeeded, but this was the last log entry associated with this customer. Therefore, I must assume the customer never returned from PayPal Express Checkout. Or, if they did, your web server refused the connection for some reason (perhaps); you might check your Apache log files for issues related to things like Mod Security or another server-side failure upon the customer’s return.

If this customer returned from PayPal Express Checkout, s2Member did not know about it.

-------- Output string/vars: ( Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18:25 pm UTC ) --------
RESULT=0&RESPMSG=Verified&TOKEN=EC-1H255967JL939584F&CORRELATIONID=7e92166448630
array (
  'RESULT' => '0',
  'RESPMSG' => 'Verified',
  'TOKEN' => 'EC-1H255967JL939584F',
  'CORRELATIONID' => '7e92166448630',
)

The customer would have been returned to this URL after completing checkout at PayPal.

array (
  'TRXTYPE' => 'A',
  'ACTION' => 'S',
  'TENDER' => 'P',
  'RETURNURL' => 'http://www.m----f----.com/monthly-membership/?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return',
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:00 am #47169

Thank you for the investigation, it’s weird because I have my website preference set like the picture you attached…

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:16 am #47170

Marc-Andre, the login info you sent before for the dashboard doesn’t work, could you resubmit it so Jason can login and look at it if needed? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Jason mentions Mod Security, so it’d be good if you read this article: Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

Also, could you try this and see if it shows any warnings? Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:35 am #47171

Okay cool I will, it’s because when you login you have an error ”you don’t have sufficient access to access…” but it’s normal you need to return on marcfitt.com and then enter with the theme option instead of dashboard.
I just changed the password of your profile I will write it down in the private contact

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 10:51 pm #47260

Thanks, got the email and could login. I’m forwarding it to Jason.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.