latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal refund erases CCAPs

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal refund erases CCAPs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 5:02 pm #15201

Referencing this thread: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15597&p=48792#p48792

I’ve hacked the file according to Jason’s hack suggestion to make sure the CCAPs remain after an auto-EOT, but is there a similar hack to make sure they remain after an EOT is triggered by a refund?

The recurring subscription needs to remain distinct from the buy-now ccaps, but as of now refunding the sub erases the ccaps.

Thanks,
Kenny

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 4:10 am #15241

So you don’t want to have ccaps removed when the EOT is due to a refund, but not if it’s for another reason? I’m not sure I understand.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:18 pm #15549

I don’t want any EOTs to erase ccaps, ever.

But EOTs do need to demote users as usual (as configured in the admin).

I should have just said that :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:40 pm #15621

Ah ok. But then Jason’s hack alredy does what you need, right? It doesn’t affect the demotion itself, that should still happen.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 3:59 am #15662

Thanks for the follow-up, Cristian.

The hack did not work when a refund was issued. That’s the problem.

I’ve tested the hack against very short term subscriptions and the accounts were demoted without losing ccaps, as intended. The problem then, it seems, is with refunds.

Here’s what happened:

1. Refund issued for subscription
2. Triggers EOT (or something else gets triggered?)
3. Account is demoted and loses all ccaps

Goal: Account should get demoted, but not lose ccaps (the ccaps were purchased independently and therefore need to stick around forever).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Fitted Web Design. Reason: I forgot to say thank you!
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:34 pm #15751

I just did a search and there are other places where ccaps are being removed. To find them you can search the files for [hilite mono]$user->remove_cap[/hilite]. I’m not sure which one exactly is doing it on refund, but if you don’t want ccaps to be removed under any situation, then you may want explore all the results you get and comment out the ones you find necessary.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.