latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal refund made S2 remove private access

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal refund made S2 remove private access

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jakub 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 1:34 pm #39913
Jakub
Username: jkasztalski

Hello,

My client has issued a refund for the last payment cycle to all of our website’s subscribers, which made S2 Member bump everyone down to non-paid subscriber and remove private access completely. Worse yet, it appears in the user list that the PayPal recurring payment ID has also been stripped, so it may no longer be possible to match users with their (still active) PayPal recurring profiles.

This was a one-time refund on our end, not a user cancellation, and the paypal recurring profiles are still active. Hence the user status and private privileges should have remained unchanged.

I do have a backup from before this happened, but would restoring it mess things up with S2 Member with the refund happening? What is the best course of action to restore the private access and continue properly receiving monthly payments?

Thank you for advice!

Best,
Jakub

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 2:34 pm #40019
Jakub

* bump *

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:26 pm #40221
Jakub

Hmm, no thoughts on this? This is a very urgent issue that I would like to fix as soon as possible.

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 8:24 am #40409
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I do have a backup from before this happened, but would restoring it mess things up with S2 Member with the refund happening? What is the best course of action to restore the private access and continue properly receiving monthly payments?

I’m sorry to hear that. Yes, I would suggest going with your backup. Everything with s2Member® should remain fine going forward once the backup is used to restore the state of each User/Member.

To prevent this from happening in the future, please see this section of your Dashboard.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:50 am #40557
Jakub

Thank you for your response!

I have already restored the backup and new recurring payments seem to have been processing correctly (updated last payment time and everything shows fine in ipn log).

I forgot to change the EOT setting since my client did not tell me they would be doing refunds. But I have set it to “neither” just in case for the future.

Thank you!

Best,
Jakub

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.