latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal return page

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal return page

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  pico the one and only 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #27595

hi, I’m using the standard paypal option with “specific post/page (buy now) buttons” to provide access to specific pages. when a customer purchases access, they get routed to paypal’s site until they get automatically re-directed back to my site which then displays this plain, grey

[ dustyseco.com ] says…
Thank You! Your transaction has been approved.
Continue (click here) { links to purchased content }

where and how can I easily modify this page?
learning from another forum discussion, it appears that I can specify a custom template in the button shortcode
but I’m not clear how that custom template would include a link to the purchased content.

thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:32 pm #27616
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Ah, I think that would be a PayPal page template, I’m not familiarized with PayPal, so I’m not sure exactly what they’re called.

But I think you would add a template=”name-of-template” to your shortcode.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:36 pm #27619

sorry, I’m afraid I’m lost now… (I already brought this up in the customer support forum so maybe I’ll find some other help there). I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT, EDUAN. but now I just don’t know where to add template and why?

I AM a developer and I can figure things out… just hoping to save me some hours of figuring out… and the instructions don’t make it very clear: all I want is a custom ‘THANK YOU’ page that the user sees when they get re-directed from PayPal. (via a standard paypal button for a specific page/post access link).

instead, the user sees this ugly default page which has the access link.

and that access link is all I want on my custom thank you page.
thanks to your pointing me into the direction, I was able to change add the “success” parameter to the paypal button short code so now the user DOES get redirected to the right page… just no access link on there!!

thanks again.

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:42 am #27644

all I want is a custom ‘THANK YOU’ page that the user sees when they get re-directed from PayPal. (via a standard paypal button for a specific page/post access link).

You can try the [hilite mono]success[/hilite] attribute in your button’s shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:14 pm #27669

right. thanks.

if you read my complete post above, the SUCCESS attribute works now.
but on my custom ‘thank you’ page there is no access link. so, really, all i wanted was two things:

1) a custom ‘thank you’ page (ACCOMPLISHED)
2) a link to the sp_access_url (NOT WORKING)

thanks agaom

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:08 am #27690

I’m sorry I missed the line where you mentioned using the success attribute.

Okay, you have a these options that I can think of:

– Edit the default thank-you page’s template. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT / Auto-Return -> Auto-Return Page Template[/hilite]

– Use PHP to generate an access link in the custom thank-you page you point to in success.

– Just have a message in the custom thank-you page, saying that he should check his inbox for an email with the access link. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email[/hilite]

I think the last one may be the best.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:17 am #27712

Thank you very much!
The last option is indeed my current solution.

But how do I use PHP to create the access link? Is that information part of the codex?

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:37 am #27716
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:46 pm #27731

nice. so now I see that I can actually redirect the user straight to my premium content. I use the paypal-button-generated access URL as the SUCCESS parameter and that would direct users from paypal’s confirmation page straight to the content they purchased. brilliant.
in a world where very click counts, this is nice…

thanks again.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.