latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Sandbox for Free Version of s2Member?

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Sandbox for Free Version of s2Member?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 12:49 am #25255
Dan Martinez
Username: njitc

The paypal sandbox for the free version doesn’t seem to work. In the settings it reads as follows:

Developer/Sandbox Testing?
No Yes, enable support for Sandbox testing.
Only enable this if you’ve provided Sandbox credentials above.
This puts the API, IPN, PDT and Form/Button Generators all into Sandbox mode.
See: PayPal® Developers

I’m not sure what it means. Do I have to create an API key while logged in my PayPal Sandbox acct? …hrmm, thinking while typing…let me try that…. el..oh…el..

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 12:53 am #25256
Dan Martinez

Although logical, I didn’t realize you can get credentials specific to your paypal sandbox acct… Login to your sandbox acct and choose: “API and Payment Card Credentials”. Copy/Paste into the settings of s2member and enable sandbox mode.

HOWEVER,

When I do the above, I still have the same problem. When attempting to use a paypal button, it just pushes me to the sandbox_user’s main page. I never get to the checkout page no matter what I try.

Any suggestions?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Dan Martinez.
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:03 am #25264
Dan Martinez

RESOLVED

What I had to do was recreate the paypal buttons from the “s2Member –> PayPal Buttons” options menu AFTER I changed the settings to use a paypal-sandbox Seller account (credentials created within paypal sandbox).

Then, when I tested the button I was getting missing field errors from PayPal. This appeared to occur because either WordPress or one of my plugins was messing with the generated button code. So, what I did was install the phpExec mod so that I could use PHP in my pages.

Next, I created a new page using the php include tags:
[php]
include(‘./private_directory/subscription/new_user_signup.php’);
[/php]

Lastly, I created the page: ‘new_user_signup.php’ (rename to your liking..) in which I put the newly generated paypal-sandbox button code (from the s2member paypal button page).

Finally, the effing thing worked… now I can test shiz out. Hope this helps others…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Dan Martinez.
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:19 am #25300
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dan, glad you solved your problem.

I just wanted to say, I really suggest you don’t use the PayPal sandbox, it just creates problems that are not worth fixing since they are not gonna exist in a real installation. Instead I suggest you use 1 cent buttons so that everything works, but you don’t lose or use a lot of money.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 9:22 pm #25384
Dan Martinez

Eduan,

Funny thing you suggested that because that’s exactly what I ended up doing. The reason was because after getting the sandbox running smoothly, I was unable to get the required emails to the test acct to finalize new memberships. It would require me doing more mods and well… wasted time.

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:49 am #25416
Eduan
Username: Eduan

:)

Yeah it really isn’t worth to integrate with it right now.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.