latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Standard and S2Member Pro

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Standard and S2Member Pro

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:07 pm #11429

Hi,

2 questions I can’t seem to find the answers for so far

I’m using Paypal standard (until S2Member integrates with the new paypal advanced) and I just upgraded to S2Member Pro

1.According to the paypal web site, users who go to pay for something from a site using paypal standard do not need to sign up for a paypal account to pay you, but every video here talks as if the purchaser has to sign up on paypal if you are using paypal standard – who’s correct S2member or paypal ?

2. Another point of ambiguity – Am I allowed to set up an item (I guess it’s called a subscriber) to have the customer billed on a monthly basis automatically if I use S2member pro with Paypal Standard ? I don’t see an indication either way.

I’d rather not at this time pay $30/mo for ppal pro with advanced out there for $5/mo – am waiting until S2M works with advanced..

Here’s the link from paypal stating it’s not necessary for buyers to have a paypal account to use credit cards paying on a site that’s using paypal standard:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products

thanks !
John

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:49 pm #11439
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

1. Last time I checked, paypal standard will let you sell products to CC without an account. However, if you are creating a subscription, PP Standard requires an account where PP Pro with Subscriptions does not. That page you list simply says you can accept CC with standard, but it doesn’t list all the details.

You can still use standard but if you are using subscriptions they will have to have a paypal account or create one when signing up.

I’ve never tried to use pp standard with the pro forms. I don’t think it will work. But you can still use the normal paypal standard buttons within s2member pro.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.