latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Standard buttons – product or service?

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Standard buttons – product or service?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:52 pm #45016
Tammy A
Username: tammyaudette

Hello. Tried to search for this but don’t see it as previously posted.

I am using S2Member Pro, but my Paypal integration is not Pro, just Paypal Premier account (standard.)

Paypal has started holding payments for 21 days for transaction sold as “Products” (so ebay and other product based transactions) but they tell me that if the sale is for a service, the hold does not apply.

I cant seem to determine if S2Member is creating the button code as a product or as a service (I assume its a service because its a subscription, but I could be wrong).

Forgive the newbie question, hope this is the right place to ask.

Thanks

Tammy

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:01 am #45194

Hi Tammy.

I also think they are considered services. I’ve never heard anything related to funds being held in the past years working with s2Member. I’ll confirm with Jason anyway and let you know when I hear back from him.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 2:47 am #45296

Here’s what Jason said:

Correct. By default, all of s2Member’s buttons (both for Subscriptions and for Buy Now purchases) assume the site owners is selling a non-tangible item.

s2Member really does not support tangible items, but we do expose this Shortcode Attribute if sellers would like to collect a shipping address. If you enable this, PayPal may flag your transactions as being for tangible items; and then you would be exposed to any PayPal rules that go with those types of purchases against your account.

[hilite path]s2Member -› PayPal Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

ns=”1″ The no_shipping directive. Possible values: 0 = prompt for an address, but do not require one, 1 = do not prompt for a shipping address, 2 = prompt for an address, and require one. Not valid when cancel=”1″.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:02 am #45326
Tammy A
Username: tammyaudette

That’s great news! Thanks very much for figuring this out for me.

Have a great day!

Tammy :)

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 2:37 am #45450

No problem! Glad to help.

You have a great day too. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.