latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Subscription Button Error

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Subscription Button Error

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:13 am #56162

I am getting the following error message at Paypal when I enable encryption for the paypal button:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

If I disable the encryption it works fine.
If I am logged into paypal at the same time I use the button, it also works fine.
I have tried all the troubleshooting steps recommended and it is not fixing the issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 2:49 pm #56173

Us too–our site was working great and then suddenly when ever anyone visits the Membership Options page and clicks on a PayPal button to join our community site, they get this same error message. We haven’t changed anything recently in the set up of the site. Wondering what are likely root causes to search out. I doubt it is plugin/theme conflict as we’ve been running the same plugins/theme all along.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 3:26 pm #56178
Don Simpson
Username: aldainc

Has something to due with the encryption of the paypal buttons?

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 3:44 pm #56179

Yes, enabling encryption is causing this issue.
It is happening on a few sites.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:55 pm #56182

Does anyone have experience with this issue? I can’t go live with the site till this is resolved.
Thanks.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:28 pm #56188

Is there any way to reach tech support directly? I have followed the troubleshooting instructions.
Disabled all plugins.
Used the default theme.
I am not using mustuse plug ins.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:57 pm #56190
Don Simpson

I am with you really don’t want my paypal buttons exposed. could really use some help here guys…..

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 9:34 am #56256
Don Simpson

I wonder if there is a way of generating encrypted paypal buttons in paypal that works with s2member? because i have a funny feeling after waiting 24-48 hours for a response to our question we are going to get the standard answer its not s2members issue its a theme or plugin. i purchased this plugin hoping it wasn’t going to be like all the other products out there sell you something then don’t bother me. i can’t believe i spent $69.00 on something i can’t get to work. i could see if i was the only person having this issue but it seems like a commion issue that needs to be addresssed. well i got that off my chest now how about a little help for the poor saps that bought this plugin……

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 10:53 am #56260
Don Simpson

Just little update here this will really confuse you if you create a subsriction button you get the error you stated. but if you create a button for a one time fee buy button everything works fine? same plugins,themes etc explain that?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 11:13 am #56262

Yes, exactly.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 6:50 am #56330
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member
Jason (Lead Developer) is addressing this issue in this thread:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/encrypted-paypal-subscription-button-error/#post-56280

I am going to close this thread and this can be continued over there.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.