latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal-There's an error with this transaction

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal-There's an error with this transaction

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Shannon Miller 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 1:47 am #12788

Hello Guys,

1st I would like to say, this is a great membership plugin.

I chose this plugin for a clients website because of how simple it seemed to implement. However, I keep getting the following error while processing payments with PayPal.

“Transaction Error

There’s an error with this transaction. Please enter your state in the billing address.

Please click back and check your details.”

Now the the first few steps work without a problem until I submit a test payment, and this is what I get.

I’m unsure if you guys can help me with this as I’m using the free version. I already encouraged my clients to purchase the Pro version simply because it’s affordable and worth the support by itself.

So my question is according to the error above is this something that you can help with, or do we need to upgrade to the Pro version to get the answers to?

This is a USA based website, as I seen several issues throughout my web search with NON US website having the same issue.

I did contact PayPal and they stated that the problems not on their end.

Now I notice that on the final payment form which you fill out your name, address, credit card, etc.. doesn’t have a field for “State”, could this be the problem, although the zip would indicate which state your in? And how to I correct this form field?

Regards,
Shannon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #12816

Hello,

I was hoping someone can assist me with the above question, any response would be greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:56 pm #12845

I’m wondering if I’m asking too much since I’ve receive no response to this question. If I need to purchase this product I will but, I would like to know if the error I’m receiving can be fixed with the full version or with Pro support. Please help me with this situation.

Thank you.

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 6:17 pm #12848

Please disregard my concerns above.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.