latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal transactions not going through

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal transactions not going through

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 2:34 pm #24922
Jon Cooper
Username: jrcooper

I’m not sure if this is an s2member issue or a paypal issue, but it’s killing me that I haven’t found any help from anyone on this for over a week.

Basically, if you go to purchase membership (http://course.pointblankseo.com/signup/), once you enter your CC information on Paypal, the little circle thingy that shows that its processing keeps going but never stops (basically it freezes).

If you want to test it to see, use the coupon code JONCOOPER so it’s only 67 cents (the transaction won’t go through anyways, but if it does, I’ll instantly refund you).

Overall this is extremely frustrating as I’ve had to delay my launch for multiple weeks trying to get this to work…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 5:46 am #24978

Hi Jon,

Where have you been trying to get help?

once you enter your CC information on Paypal,

Do you mean on paypals website or yours?

Anyway I noticed you don’t have a SSL certificate so you can’t take payment info on your site until you do.

(I think wp-engine are good at assisting you in setting one up)

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:26 pm #25329
Jon Cooper

On paypal’s website.

And I now have an SSL certificate, but still nothing seems to be working :(

But thank you Philly so far for the help!! I appreciate it, and anything else that might help me finally get this fixed..

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:36 pm #25333

Hi Jon,

When I go to your signup page it doesn’t force the secure connection I found this in s2members FAQ’s

You can skip the SSL certificate during development/Sandbox testing. SSL is not required until you officially go live. Once you’re live, you can add the Custom Field s2member_force_ssl = yes to any Post/Page, using the Custom Fields box in your WordPress® editor. s2Member® will buffer output on those special Posts/Pages, converting everything over to https:// for you automatically, and forcing those specific Posts/Pages to be viewed over a secure SSL connection; so long as your server supports the https protocol (once you have an SSL certificate, your server should support this protocol). This will help you eliminate the dreaded “Secure/Insecure” errors in Internet Explorer®. If your server runs SSL over a special port number, or your server requires the port number to actually be in the URL (i.e. HOST:port), you can set s2member_force_ssl = 443; or to whatever port number you’re using.

When you tested again was it from https://course.pointblankseo.com/signup/ rather than http://course.pointblankseo.com/signup/

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:09 pm #25339
Jon Cooper

Alright I forced the secure connection, tested again, and still nothing. When I put in a CC it says it couldn’t go through because of an invalid merchant configuration. When I go through Paypal, I still have the issue of the Paypal site freezing once it starts processing your CC information (this is on the Paypal website).

Any other ideas? And thanks again so far Philly!!

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:12 pm #25340
Jon Cooper

Here’s what Paypal is doing:

The circle is still going around though.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:24 pm #25343

Hmm have you got the correct type of paypal account? I think its a pro version of their account you need. I would also check all you setting again on both ends could of missed something

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:29 pm #25590
Jon Cooper

Is there literally no way to accept money Paypal without a Pro account?

I’ve been trying to get Paypal PRO but Paypal is rejecting my application because I have no credit (I’m 19), so unless I can process without PRO, then there’s literally no way s2member can transact purchases for me.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:46 pm #25594

It sounds like your having a nightmare.

I’m not sure what your options are so hopefully a support rep can confirm.

I see that paypal do an ‘advanced’ account that allows you to take payments on your site, but I don’t know if s2member supports that.

In the pre sales FAQ’s it say’s you can use Authorize.Net to take payment on your site.

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #25595
Jon Cooper

Thanks Philly again for all your help, but as you can see, frustrated out of my mind. It’s been 2 weeks and not even my dev can figure things out.

About to move to a different membership plugin altogether soon, so much for that $67.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:52 pm #25596

Is it a must to take the payment on your site? Because there are other options using s2 only the customer will have to enter card details on paypals side.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 1:55 pm #25597
Jon Cooper

Nope! Please enlighten me as to what those other options are.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #25601

Ok great.

Then navigate to http://www.s2member.com/faqs/

There you’ll see the heading:

To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

It describes an alternative where you can use the pro form and take payment on paypal. So it looks like you can be up and running tonight if you make a couple of little changes.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 3:38 pm #25608
Jon Cooper

That really helps. Thanks Philly! Trying to set up an Authorize.net account as we speak, that will take Paypal out of the equation which has been the biggest issue.

Any way I could repay you for your help?

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:32 pm #25622

Thanks but thats not necessary.

I hope it goes ok with Authorize.net let us know how you get on :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.