latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PDT/IPN settings

Home Forums Community Forum PDT/IPN settings

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 5:08 pm #55370

I have reviewed this video, , that talks about using PayPal Sandbox. I am completely lost, as I can’t find PDT/IPN settings in my sandbox account. Is this video outdated? Am I able to change the PDT/IPN settings in a sandbox account? Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 9:23 pm #55505
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

To set your IPN/PDT settings, you have to make sure that your PayPal account is a Business-type account, and if you’re using PayPal Sandbox, you need to log in in sandbox.paypal.com, rather than developer.paypal.com.

You might also check out this part of PayPal’s documentation if you still can’t find it:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSetup/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.