latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Perfectly Good Pro Forms Now Gone Bad?

Home Forums Community Forum Perfectly Good Pro Forms Now Gone Bad?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 5:42 pm #53586

I’ve tested our s2 Pro shopping cart today and found the following:

1. No emails being sent using mail php (confirmation emails use to come from wordpress@xxx.com). All settings in s2 the same and correct.

2. People reporting problems with CAPTCHA – although I just tried test transactions without any issue. Codes seem fine in s2.

3. I tried to mess up the form a little – even though I got ‘username already in use – please try again’ – Paypal processed the credit card transaction!

4. No Paypal transactions as they changed the Pro Forms rules so we can only use Paypal with their standard buttons – not Pro Forms – unless we are approved for ‘reference transactions’. The only people who get approved for these are bigger and more established businesses. They pull some stuff about it gives us access to peoples credit card data – well that’s stupid as this is for PAYPAL and not credit cards – we can accept Credit Cards through Paypal no problem!

In a nutshell – a beautiful shopping cart system that worked flawlessly for months – is now NOT on several levels.

Any suggestions at all before I jump in the river?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 7:04 am #53679

1. No emails being sent using mail php (confirmation emails use to come from wordpress@xxx.com). All settings in s2 the same and correct.

So no email from WordPress is going out? Try these, please: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

You can also try these: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If it’s just s2Member’s signup confirmation email missing, then enable logging and see what the log entries say for these transactions. Is the signup confirmation email mentioned in any of them, as sent successfully?

2. People reporting problems with CAPTCHA – although I just tried test transactions without any issue. Codes seem fine in s2.

You can try using your own keys for the captcha service: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› CAPTCHA Anti-Spam Security[/hilite]

3. I tried to mess up the form a little – even though I got ‘username already in use – please try again’ – Paypal processed the credit card transaction!

4. No Paypal transactions as they changed the Pro Forms rules so we can only use Paypal with their standard buttons – not Pro Forms – unless we are approved for ‘reference transactions’. The only people who get approved for these are bigger and more established businesses. They pull some stuff about it gives us access to peoples credit card data – well that’s stupid as this is for PAYPAL and not credit cards – we can accept Credit Cards through Paypal no problem!

You mean when trying to sell subscriptions with PayPal Pro (PayFlow Edition) to receive payments on your site, right? But then how did you get that problem where the username was already in use but the payment went through? What payment option were you using there?

PayPal has not been very helpful with the reference transactions so far, from what some site owners have reported so far… I’ll ask Jason about this.

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 5:32 am #54129

This is what Jason replied:

Reference Transactions are required for Payflow Edition accounts that want to charge on a recurring basis via PayPal Express Checkout. The only reason for a decline that I’m aware of, is if the site owner was also declined for PayPal Pro (e.g. they are using PayPal Express Checkout exclusively because they were declined for PayPal Pro). Can you please ask this customer if they were approved for PayPal Pro or declined?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.