latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

performance issues created by dynamic css&js

Home Forums Community Forum performance issues created by dynamic css&js

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 11th, 2012 at 10:06 pm #31271

It appears that your plugin is generating a non-cacheable 9kb css file and a 20kb js file using a query string through s2member-o.php creating an additional load time of about 600ms.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 8:13 am #31299

Hi Bryan.

Yes, s2Member’s CSS and JS are dynamic and loaded like that.

You can remove s2Member’s CSS if you want, but not the JS. Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 9:56 am #31312

I’m fine with the css, I just don’t like the way it’s being loaded. Is there a reason you don’t just echo it into the page or use a rewrite so it’s cacheable?

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 6:26 pm #31375

I’m not sure what the reason is. I know the JS has variables that get loaded dynamically, but don’t know if the CSS does too. I’m guessing not since, unlike the JS, it’s okay to disable it.

This is most likely going to change in the new s2Member being developed, though, so that these files don’t need to be loaded this way. :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 6:03 pm #31493
Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 10:46 pm #31533

Cool, thanks! I’ll show it to Jason too. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.