latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PHP code broken. JWPlayer won't work any more

Home Forums Community Forum PHP code broken. JWPlayer won't work any more

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:30 pm #27675

Hello again! I made a minor change to a page that hosts one of the videos, via AmazonS3, and on saving it, it crashed the PHP code and the video can no longer be accessed any more because the PHP code is not being handled. It has to be run via PHP code as per instructions to operate JWplayer via AmazonS3.

I tried opening up a separate page and running simple PHP code to display the date, and that’s not working either. But strangely enough, all the OLD pages with the video on them (those I haven’t edited recently) still work fine.

I’m not sure where to go from here. I am using Exec-PHP, and it does warn you that saving the page can break the PHP code, but its documentation gives no hint as to how to get around the problem. I tried re-installing the plugin, I tried disabling all non-essential plugins to see if there was a conflict, I tried disabling the cache plugin, saving the page with the PHP on it again, and I’ve tried using a couple of alternative PHP enabling plugins, and all I see on the screen is the broken PHP code.

Thoughts on how to proceed appreciated. I realize support of Exec-PHP isn’t within the scope of s2member, but since it isn’t a professional plugin and is required for JWPlayer and secured video hosting to work, I know I can’t get useful support for it elsewhere. Thoughts appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:41 am #27697

Benny, it could be that you used the Visual editor by mistake without realizing it… When you have PHP code in a page, you should never switch to the Visual editor, always stick to the HTML one.

Let me know if that helps.

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:49 am #27700

Hi Cristián. I haven’t ever used the visual editor on this page, and I used the HTML one on the new page to test some basic PHP code to display a date and it isn’t working.

I’m only in the HTML editor, and resaving in that interface does nothing, but old pages are still working fine. As I said, I tried disabled all unnecessary plugins and all new ones I added in recently. Other thoughts?

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 8:14 am #27706

Hmm… Well, if the PHP code got corrupted before, for whatever reason, resaving will not fix it. Did you try pasting the correct code again?

I don’t know why the PHP Execution would work on some posts and not others if the code is the same and you’re always using the HTML editor. :/

You can send the login info and the IDs of the pages you want me to check, so I can take a quick look. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:25 am #27713

OK, I’ve sent the log in info. Please try to create a new page with simple PHP (to display the date etc.) and see if it works. If it does, please go to the “video 1” page, and revert to the previous code saved in an update in the archives and save it or alter it if required.

That code was not changed at all. I added new text underneath it, so it should not be crashing. You’ll find it precisely the same as the code on video2, 3, 4 etc. pages, which are still working fine, with the only difference being one character for the location of the different video number.

Hopefully you can see what the issue is. Thanks! Preferably do not make major changes, but if you must, I have Vaultpress to revert back to if something goes wrong.

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:34 am #27715

Thanks.

Okay, I tried [hilite code][/hilite] in a draft, and that’s what’s being displayed when previewed, PHP is not being executed.

I’m guessing the pages you see still working, may be a cache copy from when you saw them last, before this started.

The problem is most probably with the PHP execution plugin. I don’t know if caused by a conflict with another plugin, or because the code is outdated. To test if it’s the plugin itself, you can try it in a clean installation of WP.

You may need to look for other PHP execution plugins to see if one of them works for you.

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:47 am #27718

I tried several PHP plugins to no avail. It doesn’t make sense that it would suddenly stop working like this. I have the plugin on my other site and it’s working fine there, even on new posts, so it hasn’t spontaneously broken for everyone.

No other thoughts or suggestions?

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:51 am #27719

I see… Then I’d test to try finding a plugin conflict.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.