latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PHP tag driving me crazy

Home Forums Community Forum PHP tag driving me crazy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 2:31 am #48773

I was testing ezPHP and execPHP plugins and in both cases something weird happens.
I have a script (FWIW) like this

On both occassions (using either one of the plugins) when I run the page the <?php turns into < ?php (a space in the line)
the result is that the complete script is showing on the page.

What am I doing wrong?

I need this because I have a user field that I want to access with the get_user_field() function
based on the result of that function I want to show lines of text in the language of the user.
So far I am out of luck, also the [s2Get user_field()/] doesn't work for me as I cannot store the value in a variable for later use.

Tried "allow PHP in posts and pages" as well, no luck either, the script is showing as described…

Sighhhhhh…..

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:06 pm #48870
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Boudewijn,

That’s strange. AFAIK neither of these plugins have this functionality implemented.

It’s probably some other plugin or WordPress itself (probably WordPress) formatting the post. Do the double quotes remain as double quotes in the code view? Or do they turn into HTML IDs?

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 1:01 am #48885

The double quotes remain the same…

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 8:37 pm #48957

Are you making sure not to use the Visual editor? Posts with PHP code should only be opened in the Text editor tab.

Now, the added space isn’t explained by the editor you use. There must be something in your theme or another plugin doing it. Did you test these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.