latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Please Help! Subscription email not working

Home Forums Community Forum Please Help! Subscription email not working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:03 pm #42395

I run a paid membership site using S2Member and Mailchimp as the newsletter service.

Lately, I’ve been getting emails from people who just signed up and paid but didn’t get the email for confirmation to get the password and what not.

I signed up for my dad as a test and the emails came through just fine.

So I’m not sure what’s going on.

But either way, isn’t their a way to resend someone a confirmation email that they can use to enter their username, etc? Isn’t their a way to re-send this so that it links with their payment and also send the mail chimp confirmation?

Otherwise, I need to manually add them which means, when or if they cancel, I would need to remove them myself. This would get very tiresome with many subscribers.

Thanks so much!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 11:24 am #42487
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Matthew,

Hmm, so, what emails do they NOT get? Only the MailChimp ones? Or also emails from WordPress welcoming the user?

In any case, it’s most probable that they have not checked their spam folder. Many email providers are very bad at recognizing spam from non-spam (except Gmail ;)).

I would suggest you ask them to check their spam folder, if they do not find it there, ask them which emails they did receive correctly.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 2:58 pm #43180

Thank you for the reply and sorry for being late :)

I did ask them about the junk mail but they said they did check. In one case, I had the guy cancel the subscription and do it again. second time worked for him. So I refunded the first one.

But obviously, this would be a problem is it happens often.

In all cases, the subject claimed they did not receive any email. This means they did not get the email from wordpress welcoming them into the program and directing them to create a user name NOR did they get the one from mail-chimp which I believe they have to click a box in the first email from wordpress to get.

So Im wondering: If this happens again, isn’t there a way to simply resend the “welcome” email with all this info?

It seems very troublesome to have to make them cancel and try again… or for me to manually add them in (which means if they cancel, I would have to manually take them out as well)……

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:47 am #43309
Eduan

I’m afraid there is no way to just resend emails, there should be though, I’ll talk with Jason to see what his opinion is.

…I contacted Jason, let’s see what he has to say. :)

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:38 pm #43446

hmmm, yea that would be great.

It’s really turning out to be a big problem. Some people get them, some don’t.

If the only way to fix it is that I have to either:

a) tell them to cancel and sign up again: this creates annoyance for them and probably many lost customers…

b) I manually add them in, which means I need to pay attention to every person that unsubscribes or cancel payment so I can go in manually again and erase their account. Because if I manually add them in, then technically they aren’t being tracked anymore by S2Member/Paypal…

Another person today said they didn’t get the email either :(

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:40 pm #43447

Another question….

If say my only option is to manually add them. If I include their I.P address when I create a username for them in s2member, will that track them? so if when they cancel, s2member will auto cancel them?

Same with Mailchimp?

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:51 pm #43564
Eduan

I don’t think their IP address will make a difference in this case. :/

Also, BTW, Jason has not gotten back to me about this. :(

For now, what you can do is install the Email Log plugin and see it’s logs. If a member doesn’t receive an email, but Email Log does log it, it means there’s either a problem with your server, or the user’s email service.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:23 pm #43569

Thanks

Just realized I did install that plugin 2 weeks ago and low and behold, no record of those emails being sent out from S2Member….

The weird part (we’ll, there are many) is that this doesn’t happen to everyone though and yet, this appears to be a problem with S2Member or the server….

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 4:31 pm #43636
Eduan

I see. Then that means that something is interfering with that process. But it’s strange some get sent and some don’t. :/

In any case, Jason contacted me about this:

The only issue with this is password generation. Passwords are stored with one-way encryption (which is good); but this makes it impossible to resend login details that include the password. A password reset is required for this email to be sent again.

Flagging this Issue as “working”. I’ll see if I can whip up a quick button that goes into the Dashboard for this. Otherwise, you can always just send a visitor the password recovery link and that will accomplish a similar thing.

http://YOURSITE.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 3:37 pm #46293

Thanks!

Yes, it would be very helpful to be able to re-send an email or to have some sort of backup link where they could still register and be “included” in the system so that when or if they cancel, the system would be notified rather than it being manual.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:22 pm #46435
Eduan

No problem. :)

If Jason adds anything else to this matter I’ll be sure to notify you. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 9:17 am #46744
Eduan

He confirmed it’s going to be in the next maintenance release. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:34 pm #46785
Eduan

Just wanted to notify you.

This is now available in the pro version of s2Member:
http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v130406

– Eduan

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.