latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Populate Profile Fields

Home Forums Community Forum Populate Profile Fields

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:11 pm #18317

I have created a custom capabilities form using Pro Forms Buy Now option so members at level 0 can access specific content.

When a level 0 user who is logged in accesses the form, they are presented with the Create Profile fields and their current profile information is not automatically inserted.

I also have this happening when I use Pro Forms to generate a Billing Modification Form so users can upgrade from level 0 to level 1.

Is this an issue with using Pro Forms with a member that does not have an existing Paid Subscriber ID? Am I confined to using PayPal Buttons for this scenario?

Where should I look to try to resolve this issue?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:36 am #18368

Update:

After countless frustrating hours, I’ve discovered that I cannot place more than one PayPal Pro form on one page or post (i.e. – Buy Now Pro form and a Billing Modification). For some reason this causes the Profile information not to populate in one or both of the forms. Instead of the current Profile information getting populated, it presents the Create Profile option on the form. When I create a separate page for each Pro form, the current member information gets populated on the form.

The update to the profile information also varies depending on browsers but they all eventually have the same issue. (IE was more likely to present current profile information compared to Chrome and Firefox. Engine issues?)

I would appreciate any guidance on why this may be happening so I don’t have to spend so much time isolating the problem. Since I’m somewhat new to s2member, I’m still learning on what it can do and what it can’t so when something doesn’t work, I think I must being doing something wrong despite what I see on the instruction videos.

The one upside is that I’m a lot more familiar with s2member after watching so many of the videos and experimenting with all the options.

Jim

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 5:22 am #18427

Hi!
I have a similar problem… or at least I’m not able to put more than one form on one page, cause then it’s not working they way I chose.

In my form I have set accept=”paypal” (only paypal) and if I only put one form an o page it looks great. If I put more than one form there they ask for billing adress and card information. This should only appear if I accept cards, which I don’t.

This must be a bug, right?

/Malin

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 7:45 am #18465

I can’t tell you how much time I spent with this issue. I’m not glad you’re having the same issue but it’s good to know that it’s probably related to s2member and not something else.

I had to create separate pages for each of my Pro Forms. Once I did that everything worked great.

I’m assuming this problem is related to how the shortcodes check whether to populate a form field value based on a condition that doesn’t take into consideration more than one form-related shortcode being used on a page. Part of the issue may also be related to how web browser engines process forms.

Hopefully it’s an easy fix.

Cheers,

Jim

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 3:49 am #18521

Hi James. I’m very sorry about the delay to reply, for some reason I missed your thread before now. :/

I’ve discovered that I cannot place more than one PayPal Pro form on one page or post

This is correct. Having more than one pro-form in the same page will cause problems with the JavaScript for them.

I also have this happening when I use Pro Forms to generate a Billing Modification Form so users can upgrade from level 0 to level 1.

The billing modification won’t prepopulate the fields, since they aren’t profile fields, they’re payment information for the gateway.

The update to the profile information also varies depending on browsers but they all eventually have the same issue.

This one may have to do with caching, I’m not sure. Do you have a caching plugin? If so, make sure that it doesn’t have object caching enabled, which can cause different random problems.

Once I did that everything worked great.

Cool. So you solved it now or do you still have a problem pending?

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 3:51 am #18522

Hi Malin.

In my form I have set accept=”paypal” (only paypal) and if I only put one form an o page it looks great. If I put more than one form there they ask for billing adress and card information. This should only appear if I accept cards, which I don’t.

This is because of the JavaScript problem that happens with more than one pro-form in the page. The other payment options in the pro-form are enabled/disabled by the JS.

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 10:58 am #18556

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have everything set up nicely. I just re-direct members to a separate Upgrade page so I only need one form on a page. It’s probably better to have this on a separate page anyway so I can provide more upgrade information and options for the members.

Cheers,

Jim

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 10:19 pm #18590

Cool. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.