latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PP Sandbox – Buyer account not decrementing?

Home Forums Community Forum PP Sandbox – Buyer account not decrementing?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #11291
Bran
Username: brans2member

Hi all,

I have run a couple of test transactions in PayPal Sandbox.

I created a buyer according to the instructions, who has a Visa and an account balance of 9999.

I created the “seller” (a website payments pro) account.

For both of the test purchases on my site, the seller account saw funds taken in.

However, the buyer accounts did not decrement by the amount paid.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Bran

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:54 am #11485

Hi Bran.

I’m not sure how the sandbox manages those funds. I don’t like using the sandox because it’s not exactly the same as the live transactions, so I tend to just run live transactions for cents in my tests. If you try a real payment for a cent, do you see the charge made to your card or PayPal account?

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:03 pm #11519
Bran
Username: brans2member

Cristian,

What you are saying makes sense. I can confirm that funds continue to be received into the PPro account as scheduled, so it must just be a PayPal Sandbox quirk. So I’m just going to pay attention to that.

I haven’t hooked up with a PPro account yet for real so I’m going to take it on faith – I’ll be blind to the buyer’s accounts anyway….

As always that you for the response.

Bran

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:49 pm #11527

No problem, Bran.

By the way, if you have subscribers from your PayPal Standard account, ask the PayPal support what happens once you switch to Pro. It’s good that make sure how that works before the change.

Also, I’ve just seen a user report that PayPal Pro now doesn’t have the recurring payments that it used to and there’s a new service to replace it. Jason’s looking into that, but I thought I’d let you know.

Please check those with PayPal if you’ll have recurring payments, but I don’t think it’ll be a problem with buy-now transactions.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.