latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Preapproval

Home Forums Community Forum Preapproval

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:39 pm #37066
Max
Username: masterok

Hello,

I have read lots of topics on this here so I know most of the solutions that were proposed, but lets think outside the box.

I need to delay for some time before member gets his access rights. But i need to create his account and charge (recurring) him prior to allowing to view content. Using Pro Forms now. I need to have open membership without this delay so that method will not work.
The thought I have now is charging member for level 1 but to have content at level 2 and display a custom message if user is at level 1 to wait until account is approved and manually promote him.

So i would like to know is there any better way and is there any draw backs to this method?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Max.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 3:16 am #37216
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

~ We appreciate your patience :-)

s2Member does not come with an approval system. That being said, what many site owners do, is they allow Free Registration (i.e. Open Registration: on). This allows visitors to register for free at Level #0, which just gives them an account. After a manual review of Level #0 accounts, an Administrator can upgrade them to Level #1 or higher; granting them access to content you’ve protected at those higher Levels.

So the trick is to protect your content at Level #1 or higher, then allow Open Registration at Level #0. In other words, Level #0 Members will just have an account, but not actually have access to anything until you increase their Membership Level from the default Level #0. If you would like to display a custom message ( i.e. “Your account is pending review.” ), you can use s2Member’s Simple Conditionals to detect a Customer’s Membership Level, and to display an appropriate message on your Login Welcome Page.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

When you mentioned about having a paid customer register at Level #1 and then upgrade to Level #2 would also be a creative solution that would work very much the same way. I don’t see any issue with that, no.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.