latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Premature EOT for recurring paypal payments

Home Forums Community Forum Premature EOT for recurring paypal payments

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  LG 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 5:50 pm #55915
LG
Username: lg

Our website has a monthly payment membership payment. If a user cancels their recurring paypal payment, they should have the remaining 30 days since the last payment they made.

I have noticed that a new user, cancels within 30 days of the initial subscription will have access until their end of term expires. I have also noticed that old users, who cancelled after making at least one recurring payment, will immediately have their account demoted. I have verified this though the emails with the title “(s2Member / API Notification Email ) – EOT/Deletion”.

I am not the developer who installed s2Member and I would like some guidance as to why this would be happening. It appears that the EOT is not be bumped up by 30 days after the successful paypal payment.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:50 pm #56207
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sorry for the delay over the weekend.

With PayPal Recurring Billing, s2Member does not ever set an EOT until after the User has cancelled recurring billing. So the EOT time is never “extended” when they cancel. It should be set to the end of the time that they’ve paid for when they cancel.

With Refunds/Reversals, this can change. This is the only time that s2Member is delete/demote a User immediately if you have it set up to here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -› Refunds/Reversals

Do you have logging enabled? If not, turn that on and see if you can get a log entry for that. When you do, please send us Dashboard Access so we can take a look at the log file entry that caused this and see if we can let you know the reason this might have happened.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 12:06 pm #56265
LG

Hi Bruce. These are my current settings:

Enable s2Member’s Auto-EOT System?
Yes (enable the Auto-EOT system though WP-Cron)

Membership EOT Behavior (demote or delete)?
Demote (conver them to a Free Subscriber)

Refunds/REversals (trigger immediate EOT)?
Refunds/Reversals (ALWAYS trigger an immediate EOT action)

Fixed-Term Extensions (auto-extend)?
Yes (default automatically extend any existing EOT Time).

Based on these settings, are you able to tell what sort of behavior you would expect you users to have? As I said, if a user cancels within 30 days, they have until their 30 days runs out. If a user cancels after their initial 30 days, the cancellation is immediate and they are instantly demoted and a Free Subscriber.

Before I give you Dashboard assess I want to know what you assume will happen to users based on our current setting. And yes, I have logging turned on.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 7:21 am #56338
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member
@lg

Before I give you Dashboard assess I want to know what you assume will happen to users based on our current setting. And yes, I have logging turned on.

Based on your current settings, Users should not ever get immediately demoted unless you issue them a refund, or they ask PayPal for their money back directly (i.e. a chargeback). At the top of this section the documentation covers this detail. I’m not sure why this would happen other than if a User both cancels and you give them their money back for the access they last paid for.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 1:15 pm #56367
LG

Thank you Bruce. The occurred the times on the same day with 3 different users. Neither I nor anyone at the company was issuing them a refund.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.