latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Preventing login after cancelling account

Home Forums Community Forum Preventing login after cancelling account

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:07 pm #41898
Clive Stanley
Username: isog

I am having issues with the cancellation of accounts, i tested a cancelled account, however even after cancelling the user is still able to login to the site, how do we prevent access to site after cancelling? Is there a way for s2member to change or demote the user role once the user cancels?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 2:46 am #41930

No doubt you have some protected content on your site. So try this:
Make a test account and then cancel it. (e.g., set the EOT in the profile to +5 minutes).
Once the account is disabled log in and try to open one of the protected posts/pages.
FYI, on my site I use the “more” tag to protect the remainder of articles. The text preceding the more tag is a kind of teaser.
Once you try to open that post you will be redirected to the membership options page.

Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 10:26 pm #42224
Clive Stanley
Username: isog

thanks for sharing, but all the pages relating to paid membership level#1 are protected, however the test user account that was cancelled, is cancelled in Paypal billing, however even after cancelling the user still has access to all the paid member restricted pages, so my issue is how and why is the cancel form not linked withing the s2member system, surely s2member system should downgrade their role to a basic user once they cancel on form?

Or is there something else I need to set to get this done automatically? If I go in and change the role of the user manually then they are restricted however it will be a admin nightmare manually tracking users that cancel and MANUALLY demoting their role in wordpress system. We dont even get an email notifying us that a member has cancelled?

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:43 pm #42398
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

A cancellation does NOT always warrant an immediate EOT. They may still have time left on what they’ve already paid you for. Cancelling an account will simply establish an EOT Time; recorded by s2Member®. You can verify this by checking the customer’s account record in WordPress®; and inspecting the EOT Time field. What does that say? See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Quick Start Guide -› Cancellations/Expirations

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.