latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro API "create_user" ==> "update_user"

Home Forums Community Forum Pro API "create_user" ==> "update_user"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 8:05 am #37122
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

I ran into this again with my loosely-coupled Infusionsoft integration, so I’m voicing it again! I would dearly LOVE to have the “create_user” API call act as “update_user” if called with a “user_login” that already exists.

If I declare that “user_login” is unique (and indeed, S2 API throws an error if you try to create a new user with an existing login), then it seems that the behavior can be somewhat easily modified to just change whatever other fields are present in the API call. I know, I know – “easily” is all relative, regression testing, etc. So maybe declare a new API “create_user_ex” to maintain the integrity of the existing call?

Again, this would relieve hours of headache for me. Right now I have to first verify users in the WP Users list before issuing the API call via an HTTP POST from Infusionsoft, and a lot of other manual gymnastics. And I will bet that other S2 users would find it very useful as well.

Please, or pretty please can I have a single API call that both creates or updates a user?? :)

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Randy King.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 3:54 am #37222
Staff Member

Thanks Randy! I’m bumping this up :-)

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 9:25 am #38307
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Thanks, Jason – you have no idea how it will simplify my life!

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:56 am #40731
Staff Member

@ Randy King

This feature was added in s2Member® Pro v130203.
See changelog here please: http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v130203
~ Thanks for your patience.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.