latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro features vs free

Home Forums Community Forum Pro features vs free

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 9:45 pm #4209
nicole winston
Username: niiki

Hi guys

I have the free version installed on a site in testing for a client. Her requirement is this:

Free members are able to access membership pages but need to buy products
There are 2 other member types each with access to download products based on their membership levels. If they do not have rights to automatically download, they will be presented with a buy now button.

Now, I have got this working with custom capabilities and shortcodes – very nice, all is working well.

The main issue I see for my client going forward is when it comes to adding more products, she is going to work with shortcodes and conditionals. I’m planning on handing over with step by step documentation, so she should be able to work through it, but it could get a little confusing.

In the Pro version, is this handled any differently – i.e. is this made any easier for non technical types?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 9:53 pm #4210
Eduan
Username: Eduan

The pro version of s2Member has the same conditionals (shortcode and PHP versions) that the free version has.

We also have a knowledge base article on conditionals:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/s2member-conditionals/

You can redirect her to this knowledge base article if it helps in any way, it’s aimed to explain it easily for most people.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:14 pm #4219
nicole winston
Username: niiki

Thanks for your prompt reply Eduan.

Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:40 pm #4239
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome! :)

Anything else you need don’t hesitate to ask. ;)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.