latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Form Modifications

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Form Modifications

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike Sinibaldi 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:55 pm #45274

I am using Level 0 as my free membership and after reviewing the options I do not see how I can accommodate a Level 2 ( paid member) who may want to downgrade to a Level Zero.

How is this done without going back in and reclassifying all existing Levels?

Thanks

Mike Sinibaldi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 5:14 am #45310
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Can you please explain why someone would want to downgrade from a paid status back to a Free Subscriber? I’d like to understand the business model better so that we can provide you with assistance.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:38 am #45321

Jason – I would think the answer is that “people are people”. That’s as politely as I can put it. I can’t tell you why the minority would want to do it. Logically the customer would cancel the account if they didn’t find value in the service. However, one might have to downgrade for financial reasons.

As for the business model- there is allot of valuable content on the Site and a free daily e-letter not available to anonymous site visitors but made available to Level 0 Members. Essentially this is my lead generation mechanism then UPSELL to the other two levels of membership which offer paid newsletters and additional benefits. Given my existing following, I think the possibility of the event that I am inquiring about is unlikely. I though I’d still account for it and hope that the minority can see the light.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 am #45431
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up…

Downgrading a customer can be accomplished by changing their Role on the site.
Please see: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities

You will want to set their Role back to a Free Subscriber status.

As for s2Member® doing this through an upgrade or downgrade process, that’s not something that an upgrade/downgrade Button or Pro Form would handle for you, because the Free Subscriber Role is at Level #0; it is reserved for Free Subscribers, or for paying customers that cancelled and were demoted back down. The act of cancelling your account, automatically demotes you back down to a Free Subscriber.

Please see also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 7:02 am #45471

Thank you for the reply. I will test it today.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.